Chapter 11 - Reigniting the fire

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 11 — Reigniting the fire

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

The blond looked at the building in front of them completely speechless. This must be a joke. Their teacher must be fucking with them there was no other way.
"A kindergarten?" Katsuki groaned and ran his hand over his face. Ochakos eyes lit up and she squealed: "A kindergarten!"
"That's what I just fucking said Round Face! Don't copy me for fucks sake!"
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I was just so excited" Ochako apologised right away and looked at the building again after turning away from the blond. This was a nice change to their usual boring all day tasks. Maybe not for everyone in their class but she was already thrilled to play with the children who awaited them inside.
They entered in their group of four and looked at the kids running at them right away. Ochako squated down to their height and greeted them happily while Katsuki just looked at them seemingly overwhelmed. He didn't know what to do with... things like these. The kindergartener came out into the garden and looked at them thankfully. "Oh you arrived. Thank you again for helping today."
"It's a pleasure. Please just tell us how we can help" Deku immediately answered and made Katsuki boil inside. But he had to accept that he was in one group with the nerd. At least he was too with Ochako.
"It would be great already if you could just play with them a little. Please be careful though some of them just got their quirks and aren't pretty good at using them" she warned them nervously. They nodded and Ochako instantly followed a group of kids to a table with toys.

He felt out of place. This wasn't his world. Deku could be a brainless toddler yes. Mina too. Ochako was great with children yet Katsuki? He wasn't exactly. He just didn't know what to do with them respectively how to communicate with them. The communication was maybe the biggest problem.
"Hey, why are you not playing with us too?" one of the kids snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked down at the little girl and looked away. "That's not exactly the things I'm good at. Those airheads are, so I leave it to them."
The girl turned around with a questioning "Hm?" and looked at the other three hero students. Katsuki still watched Ochako and how she played with the group of children in the sandbox.
"Do you mean that people like Uravity are better in playing with us than you?"
"Yeah basically. You don't need to understand, kiddo" he answered nonchalantly. She swayed back and forth a little on her feet while she looked at Ochako too and then answered: "I like Uravity. She's so kind and bubbly. Like a beautiful fairytale princess! But one who is willing to go to war and fight for her people." The little girl made some fighting gestures as if she held a sword in her hands, yet Katsuki paid it no big attention. He just continued looking at the little brunette they were talking about and how she was playing with the children.
"Yeah she is" he answered absent-mindedly and then the little dark-blonde girl looked at him with a bright smile: "But you're kind too. You're watching her so she's safe right? My daddy does that for my mummy and me too. That means you're a kind person too. If you keep her safe I'll be able to fight alongside her one day. Uravity is amazing, isn't she?"
Katsuki looked overtaxed at the rambling girl and tried to process everything she just said. And then it dawned on him. His eyes wandered back to Ochako and then again to the little girl in front of him. He squated down and looked at her with a raised eyebrow: "Listen I gotta ask you something okay?"
"Sure."

"Can I play with you too?"
"Sure. Here have a seat" Ochako smiled and gestured to the place beside her. The little girl sat down and started helping with the sand castle they were building while they delved in the fantasy world the kids built around it. Or at least it seemed so to Ochako for the first moment. Because the dark-blonde turned to her and then said brightly: "And Uravity is the princess of the castle!"
"Yes!"
"Oh yes, that's a great idea!"
The children exclaimed while Ochako looked at them flabbergasted. She didn't exactly know what to say but she also was sure that she shouldn't be part of this fantasy world.
"Uhm shouldn't rather one of you-"
"No! You're perfect as princess! Your beautiful and strong and kind!"
"Yes! Everyone in the kingdom would love you!"
Again everyone agreed and Ochako just looked at them silently before she nodded with a warm feeling around her heart: "Ok. Thank you."
And the warm feeling blossomed even further when she saw the bright smiles of the children who continued their playing after the little discussion.