Chapter 8 - One month

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 8 — One month

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

"Get a taste of what it feels like to lose, shitheads" the blond grinned maniacally and put his hands on the floor. Mina and Kirishima looked at him in disbelief and panic. This was a training fight not an actual one and Ochako still stood in front of the blond! Mina couldn't actually believe he would hurt the brown haired just to land such a hit on the other two. During training in class at that.
"Bakubro! Wait, you can't do that!" Kirishima shouted and wanted to get to Ochako to shield her too but the blond set off the explosion already, destroyed the whole ground and whirled up debris and dust in masses. Kirishima held Mina to himself and had his full body hardened to protect her. When the last pieces of debris finally landed back on the ground they looked up, coughing from the dust around them.
"Chako!? Chako are you ok!? Answer me!" Mina shouted right away sincerely worried about her friend. Kirishima held the pink girl by her shoulder, still afraid that Bakugou might come at them any second through the dense cloud. But nothing happened for the next few seconds until it cleared up and they looked further in the rear and then...up. "Oh shit" Kirishima muttered when they saw Ochako putting her fingertips together and then the concrete raining down on them.
"Katsuki!"
"That's not my fucking name, Cheeks!" they heard him shouting and saw the blond pulling the pin on one of his gauntlets. Kirishima didn't hesitate and pushed Mina away, hoping she would land somewhere safe since he couldn't block all the rocks and Bakugous blast.
Ochako hovered to the roof Bakugou was standing on and looked down. Utter destruction. There's no other way to describe the picture in front of them.
"Remember me in the future that we shouldn't fight in an urban area together" Ochako muttered and glanced at the taller next to her. He raised an eyebrow: "Why? I think we made a fucking awesome team."
"We destroyed basically all the houses. Not the thing a hero should do" Ochako objected and pointed at the destroyed buildings.
And when it cleared they saw the other two lying unconscious on the ground, Kirishima more visibly injured than Mina. Ochako wanted to run to them and help but Bakugou held her back.
"We're the villain team. Villains don't help heroes."
"We can stop the act now! C'mon Katsuki, they're hurt we-"
She got cut off again, pulled back to the blonds body closely who had his right arm around her waist. Ochako widened her eyes when she felt his warm chest right up to her cheeks and heard his heart beating faintly.
"That's impolite how many times do I have to tell you huh?" he grunted and Ochako felt his breath gracing over her skin since he bent down a little. Ochako didn't answer, her words stuck in her throat if she would be able to form a coherent sentence even. The blond grinned due to her reaction and wiped a strand of her brown hair out of her face. "You...uh...that...we... That's not quite villain like either" she stuttered as good as she was able to and he chuckled lowly.
"Thought I should stop the act?"
"That...yes...but..." she continued to stammer and then hid her face in his chest and smacked him with her fists repeatedly, "Aaah! You're so stupid, Katsuki! That's not something you do out of no where! You completely startled and flustered me! And what if someone saw us!?"
He just held her close around her waist and grinned while looking down at her. A badass. That's what she was even if she didn't believe it herself. She was a fucking awesome hero who kicked asses mercilessly. And he loved it. Down on the ground he could see Recovery Girl helping the two injured classmates of his speeding up their recovering process and then them getting carried away by assistants. Denki looked around until he spotted them and a shit eating grin appeared on his face, causing Bakugou to make a murdering gesture over his own throat at the electricity user. Denki turned pale and quickly turned around to get back to the others of their class, leaving his older friend alone.
"Uuhm... Bakugou?"
"Yeah Cheeks?" he answered looking back at her. The brown haired looked back up at him again with an insecure glimmer in her eyes but then stood to her tiptoes quickly and squeezed him tightly for a few seconds. He took a step back in surprise but luckily didn't stumble over backwards. "Thanks for helping me win again. That fight was a lot of fun too actually" she mumbled at his chest. He enjoyed it, wanted to savour hugs like those forever. Forever... 'Yeah right that thing...' he almost sighed out loud as he remembered again.
"Listen here airhead" he grumbled quietly, hoping that she didn't hear his hurt undertone. Ochako opened her eyes again a tiny bit and glanced up to him, her cheeks tainted in an even deeper pink than normal when she realised what she just did.
"If you really think you have no reason that keeps you here anymore, then let me help you find one again. I'm already on it to find one so let me help alright?" he continued and saw her raise her eyebrows. "You-"
"Yeah I overheard your talk with sleep bag. I wanted to go back to him to ask something about the assignment three weeks ago and then heard you. But I already tried to find a way to keep you here at U.A since the night you told me you got no reason to stay anymore" he admitted as his heart ached again at the memory of him seeing her in the windows reflection talking to their teacher and telling him about thinking to quit U.A's hero course or rather U.A at all and transfer to another high school.
"Katsuki I-" she whispered with a saddened expression, stopping since she didn't know what to say herself.
"One month."
She looked at him waiting for him to continue.
"Give me one fucking month alright? I'll help you during that time to find a new goal again or make you realize that your original one still is worth staying. I'll make you realize that you're better than you god damn think you are. Yet if you decide after that month to leave" he cut off his sentence, averted his eyes and clenched his teeth due to the upcoming increasing, piercing pain in his chest. If she still wanted to leave after that month...he'd accept it. He would let her go as much it would hurt. She bit her bottom lip for a moment before she nodded. "Ok. One month. I'm counting on you, Katsuki."
"Ugh...What am I gonna do with you... Whatever you won't listen anyways."