Chapter 23 - Jewellery

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 23 — Jewellery

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

"The next heroes arrived! It's Uravity and Dynamight, both of them are suspected to climb to the top of the ranking tonight!" One of the reporters announced them and Katsuki casually wandered around the limousine, opening the door for the brunette and reached out with one hand to help her out. Ochako took the help gratefully, still not fully used to the sudden front of flashlights after all those years of galas, so she was always more than glad when Katsuki shielded some of the bright lights with his broad, tall figure. Katsuki immediately got caught up for a question as well as Ochako and they waited for a second, listening to their respective questions. "You both caught a lot of attention over the last year. Do you still think you could get place number one, Dynamight?"
He huffed a laugh and glanced over at the brunette who turned to him right at that moment, waving the reporter who asked her the question goodbye and thanking him.
"Well I guess we have to wait for the results to tell us that. My competition was really damn strong the past years, wasn't it?" he answered vaguely but grinned at the woman and then bid her farewell too to follow Ochako again. They walked down the red carpet beside each other and answered some more questions about their careers, Katsuki mostly staying vague or suggestive.
"Uravity! Dynamight! One quick question please!"
They turned to their left together just a few steps before they had reached the entrance of the building and Ochako gestured the person to continue with a sweet smile on her lips.
"There are rumors about you two being a couple and at that some voices say even since highschool. Mind telling us if this is true?"
This instantly caused a huge rain of flashlights and the reporters hurled at the possible headline like a pack of hungry hyenas. Katsuki was ready to answer this question again as vaguely as all the others, walked up to the brunette from behind with a smirk on his lips he flashed in her direction. But Ochako looked at the man, a dangerous suggestive glint in her eyes and answered: "Oh I'd be interested in these rumors too if you'd mind to tell me where I can find some of them?"
"So does this mean it's not true? Or is it?!"
Yet he didn't get anymore time to question it, since Izuku arrived with Melissa and right behind him was Shinsou. Ochako and Katsuki slipped inside and met Momo and Shoto in the entrance hall, the black haired turning to them and quickly running over to her as fast as she could in her heels. Ochako opened her purse in that moment and took out a little silver item with a bright smile.
"Chako! I heard the news from Mina! Congrats, I'm so happy to hear it!" she smiled and took Ochakos left hand into the both of hers, inspecting the silver accessory thoroughly. Shoto joined them too and gave Katsuki a hand shake, smiling a bit. "Congrats, Momo told me after she heard it. I suppose you won't announce it so fast since you guys never even got official with your relationship?"
"Thanks Icyhot. We'll see. Our publicist told us that they'll manage it and Cheeks should try her best to handle my temper for the evening. But now you can't get on my fucking nerves anymore about you and Ponytails already being engaged and Cheeks and me not" Katsuki chuckled, watching at the two women talking about the engagement ring on Ochakos hand. He could still not really process it that she actually said yes. And she also had suggested to Katsuki to take the ring off for just the red carpet since the reporters might see it and she knew how easy he could lose his cool when they started snooping around in their private life. It also made him still doubtful when someone initiated a conversation about it. And checking social media about it was probably the worst. The posts could be the sweetest and most supportive ones but he still saw potential sarcasm behind it. And it was her everytime that told him that those words weren't sarcastic or ironic, that they were nothing else than the truth.
"Hey! Todoroki! Yaoyorozu! Ochako! Kacchan!"
They turned and spotted Deku crossing the room quickly to reach them, Melissa running him and Shinsou following suit with a smile on his lips too. He looked over at Katsuki and nodded, acknowledging his engagement quietly and tried to calm the greenet down.
"Melissa and I were just counting the days until Kacchan would finally ask you. Aaah! I can't believe he- UGH!" Deku got pulled back harshly, Katsuki not able to see the green haired holding his fiancées hand any longer to look at it or just stand so close to her. He had a partner his own to annoy. The blond wrapped his arm around her waist and stood closer to her, passing Ochako a glass of orange juice while looking at Deku indifferently: "Yeah and I did it so what? How long will it take for the two of you? Decades? Centuries?"
"Katsuki! Don't be like that, everyone at their own pace!" Ochako complained and he grumbled something incoherent under his breath before taking a glass of champagne.
"Are you pregnant or why don't you take some champagne too, girl? We celebrate here!" they heard a voice that just brought the worst with it. "Mina! Kirishima! Hey!" Momo greeted them and hugged her friends. Katsuki glared at her and growled: "I won't let her drink if her tolerance is nonexistent Raccoon eyes. So, no. She's not pregnant...yet."
He had mumbled the ‚yet' into his glass of champagne but Ochako heard it. And she was caught way too much off guard in that moment that it could be healthy. She chocked on the juice she had been drinking from, hunched over and started coughing, her free hand in front of her mouth. Katsuki held her while taking a sip from his champagne and smirked at the little young woman beside him.
The other also just stared at Katsuki as if he was some alien or they saw a ghost.
"What's going on here? This group is always a mess" Jirou stated and joined with Denki. They got a glance at Katsukis smirking face and Denki sighed: "What have you done now?"
"Nothing... for now."
"Stop that! Don't joke about this! I-"
There was a bell sound signaling them to take their seats in the hall and that the awards ceremony would begin any minute now. The blond carressed Ochakos side and grinned: "C'mon. They have a queen to crown."
"Don't brush it off. Seriously, I-"
But he held one finger over her lips when they had turned away from their friends and entered the dimmed hall. He winked at her with a dearing smile and whispered: "Sssh Cheeks. Our publicists job right?"
She blew her cheeks out and grumbled sulkily. The blond pulled her chair back a bit and leaned to her ear when she had sat down: "I'll make it up to you. Tell me afterwards what you want, dear."