Chapter 10 - Illuminating the darkest night

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 10 — Illuminating the darkest night

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

Katsuki looked at the path in front of him and then back to his phone that showed him to follow the little trail through the woods. "What the fuck? Why are they all so fucking weird?" he groaned and then just followed the trail. At least the weather was good, therefore it was really comfortable in the shadows of the woods. "Why would someone like him life so fucking far away from civilization?" Katsuki grumbled to himself while he looked around, yet there wasn't a lot to see than greenery and dirt. From all heroes out of Hikaris generation he expected the one he was visiting right now to live closer to the city. But apparently not. When he saw the little cottenage in the rear Katsuki sighed relieved and then also spotted the owner soon enough in the garden.
"Oh? You came earlier than I thought. But Hikari at least was right with you looking for me this week."
"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting you" Katsuki apologised right away but the grey haired shook his head and waved him inside. "You don't, no worries. Follow me, young man" he smiled and Katsuki did how he was told. Inside he took his shoes off and looked around in the comfortable little space.
"I didn't expect you to live out here. How come you looked for this secluded place?" Katsuki mumbled and followed the older to the table almost in the middle of the room. The grey haired gestured him to have a seat and just take whatever he wanted. So the blond took himself some of the lemonade and looked at the older who got himself a coffee.
"I feel more comfortable like this. Due to my quirk you know?"
"Ah I see" the blond answered carefully. He didn't know if he was being considerate enough or already overstepped any boundaries. But he was determined to do his best to solve his current problem. And if it meant to be polite.
"So? Hikari meant you came to solve a friends problem. May I know?" the older asked and sat down again. So Katsuki explained him reluctantly what his current cause of sleepless nights and headaches was. About Ochako loosing her original goal and with that motivation to stay and finish hero studies.
"Oh that is very saddening to hear. And now? Why are you reaching out for such a dodderer like me?" he asked curiously. Katsuki sighed and swayed his beverage back and forth a little in his glass.
"Because Cheeks is rather like you guys not like me. If I suggest a new goal out of the blue it won't fit her at all. Yet you as well as Light Blade were more like her. So I kind of hope to get an idea while looking into the history of heroes and their ambitions" he explained. His opposite chuckled amused and then drank from his pipping hot coffee.
"This could've been my idea. The main thing is, you can learn something from the whole circumstances yourself too."
Katsuki averted his eyes and drank from his lemonade without answering. This might be true yet he didn't want to answer. He couldn't just spend all his time in helping someone and neglect his studies completely. That was an absolute red flag for him.
"So if I got you right, you'd like to know when and how I thought about my ambition?"
"Exactly yes" Katsuki answered with a nod. The old man made a little pause until he answered slowly: "I thought about it somewhere during 3rd year. Before I didn't really had a reason to be at U.A. Only my parents forced me to be there."
Katsuki blinked incredulous and processed the words he just heard. More than two years without any reason to become a hero? Just blunt pressure from home?
"Hikari then helped me a little, just like you're helping your friend right now. She once told me about what happened to her family and what she wanted to do after graduation. Hearing her talking with so much determination and such a clear vision of her own future then helped me too" he shrugged leisurely and Katsuki waited for the older to continue. "After I've hurt my own mother so badly during my childhood I didn't really want to use my quirk anymore but my all day control was really poor. So they forced me to U.A. Probably for everyones general health and safety. Yet in the end I just decided to get control over my own quirk instead of being so terrified of it and use it to protect everyone just the way Hikari envisioned it. I just wanted to stop be a prisoner of myself. By my own quirk at that."
Silence fell over the room, leaving only the ticking of the clock as a constant background noise. The older seemed to notice how uncomfortable Katsuki got in the silence and took another sip of his coffee before he decided to continue.
"I never chose a hero name on my own either you know? Hikari did that for me too because I just couldn't bring myself to decide or get creative enough" the old man chuckled and looked at Katsuki with his purple eyes. The blond raised an eyebrow and was about to ask him if he really ever wanted to be a hero at all yet kept it back.
"So your title and even the inspiration for your goal was all Asahinas doing?" Bakugou asked slightly incredulous. His opposite laughed and shook his head. Katsuki contorted his face to a scowl and breathed deeply so he wouldn't shout at the old man. What one wasn't doing for a person they loved. He was such an idiot to do such things.
"No. Society, my publicist and Hikari did mostly. My title for example came from a little girl which I saved on her way home from school during winter time when it was dark already" he explained and Katsuki looked at him expecting. He was actually intruiged to hear the story as much as he hated to admit that. He wouldn't say it out loud though.
"It was my first night shift without Hikari or any of my other friends. So I was kind of nervous since I didn't know my partner that well yet when we went on site, I was there first. And according to the girl my baled thunder was as if it was cutting through the nights darkness. And up to today I don't know how the media got wind of that specific story but since then I had the title Nightbreaker" he shrugged with a chuckle. Katsuki nodded understanding. Nightbreaker Hero: Rai. Katsuki always thought that he had been one of the most impressive heroes in the early generations with his quirk. But personality wise he was actually quite...underwhelming? Pathetic? He couldn't really say.
"You seem like you just found out something you never wanted to know."
"I always thought you were a really tough person and hard nut to crack. Yet I guess history books don't record everything" Katsuki blurted out and then almost chocked on his beverage before he added "Don't take that-"
"I know, I know. Stop the act, I'm well aware that Hikari told you to be considerate but I also know your inflammable nature. I saw you at the sports festival and also a few times at the city when I went there to do my weekly groceries" he waved dismissevly. Katsuki nodded silently and with a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach for two reasons. Once because everyone seemed to know him only because of his aggressive nature and second because he just made everything really uncomfortable and awkward.
"Your friend is really lucky to have you. But if you actually want to become the new number one after Endeavor you have a long way ahead."
"Why do old people always talk so fucking cryptic? Just say what you wanna say and don't make it a fucking riddle!" Katsuki protested and clenched his hand around his glass. Rai laughed amused and then drank from his coffee before he looked outside into the upcoming darkness of the early evening.
"Alright, let me articulate it a little different then" he sighed and Katsuki raised his eyebrows. "What shall they remember you for? If they think of you, what should the word or image be they associate with you? What do you wanna be young man?"
"Those sound like words you just used from someone else" Katsuki stated nonchalantly and looked directly at the older. He could've sworn that he saw little sparks in the purple eyes of the older. As if the electricity was flowing through the old mans blood.
"Because they are. I just told you those because they might help you with your friends problem too, just like they helped me back in the days. If so, let me know."

♡•·················•·················•♡

"Bakubro there you are! Where have you been the whole afternoon?"
"Why would you fucking care Shitty Hair?" Katsuki snarked and directly headed for his room. The red haired looked after his friend and sighed deeply. He was quite concerned about the blond the past two weeks. He seemed even moodier than normal and deeper in thoughts in general. So he just wanted to know what was going on and if possible help him. Yet that was just impossible with someone that stubborn. Katsuki pushed his room door open and kicked it shut behind him again. "What image... That's a fucking weird question. One only people like that old extra would ask" he grumbled and laid down on his little sofa. The book about hero history laid on the little table beside it so he took it and flipped through the pages. According to Rai there had been a third and fourth one to the group who founded the agency back then. One of them was Rais younger sibling and lived in Europe somewhere by now, so they were unreachable for him. And the fourth passed away a few years ago yet had been closest to Ochakos personality. Which was even more infuriating for him. Tempest apparently also had lost hope for a little while but then found her motivation in becoming a renowned rescue hero. But Rai didn't know how and as far as the older man knew Tempest never told anybody about how she got back her motivation. "How annoying" Katsuki grumbled and looked at the two pages of the heroes he couldn't reach. Especially that he couldn't reach Tempest anymore was bothering him. The one closest to Ochakos nature and situation was unreachable in all ways. Rais younger sibling at least would be reachable if Katsuki would have somekind of contact information. Yet he didn't ask the older for some and now he wasn't eager to go back and do so either. The blond covered his face with the book and sighed deeply. "What am I supposed to do? By tomorrow the third week starts. The time is fucking ticking and I still have no god damn clue..."

♡•·················•·················•♡

"Ah Bakugou how-"
"I'm not in the mood for fucking small talk and you shouldn't either. You're here to help us finding the books we need and not making damn friends" Katsuki cut the young woman of who looked at him a little displeased but sighed and then waved him over.
"Tell me what you need."
"History books and biographies. The heros name is Tempest, she was one of the co-founders of Light Blades agency" Katsuki provided and watched his opposite typing into the system. She hummed thoughtfully, clicked a few times and then took a little note to write down the places the books of Katsukis intrest might be.
"Here, those should help you."
"Good. I hope so" he mumbled, took the note and disappeared again. The blond looked at the numbers and letters on the note and also the few words that outlined the title of the book. They seemed like they held some more answers to his questions at least. So he left the elevator again on the respective floor he had to go to first and looked for the first book on his list.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

*takes a deep breath*

TIK TOK ON THE CLOCK! BUT THE PARTY DON'T STOP, NO-
Ok sorry...
I wrote that part in the end with the library when I was actually already done with almost every other part of the story you know? And that only because we went to visit two different libraries with our studies major to see the differences in their architecture, usage etc.
And they were sooo beautiful~
So, sorry when that part was a little random ^-^'

Sorry that this part comes so late, I've just arrived at home. Currently it's 1:30pm here and I got up at 4:15am to catch my train back x_x
I hope you guys do fine too. Don't forget to drink enough since it's so hot outside.
And as always I wish you a pleasant day/night everyone and stay healthy (/^.^(^.^*)>