Chapter 14

The next week or two was filled with peace and she felt like she was finally starting to move on. The sessions with Lily were going well and she felt like she was making progress. She still had days when she wanted to stay in bed and the guys were great will helping her get out of bed and do something productive. She was getting back into painting and even found new ways to paint. It wasn't just sitting in her chair painting on an easel. Gabe helped her see that she could fling paint and release anger and still make art. She finger painted also. He was working with her on using pencils, markers and paint to create depth and intensity.

Bailey stepped away from her project and sighed, she was hungry so she decided to make her a salad. She was so focused on slicing the cucumber that she didn't hear anyone enter the kitchen. Hands grabbed her waist and she gasped swinging the knife around as she turned. "NO!" She screamed.

"Shit, sorry Peanut," Nathan jumped back and held his arms us.

"No more!" She swung again. "I'll kill you!"

"Bailey!" Nathan shouted making sure he kept a safe distance. The door opened and he shook his head. "She's in the midst of a flashback. I startled her and triggered it."

"Did she get you?" Sean whispered and Nathan shook his head.

"I got back in time," Nathan kept his hands up, "I'm trying to bring her back."

"Kitten," Raven said taking a step toward her.

"No more!" She shouted swinging the knife again, "I'll kill you!"

"She's trapped in her flashback," Axel said. "We need to get behind her and pin her before she accidentally hurts us while not recognizing us. It will break her if she finds out she hurt us."

"How are we going to get her to calm down?" Brandon asked.

Luke jumped off the counter behind her and wrapped his arms around her making her scream. "LET ME GO!" She screeched as she tried to break free. "NO! LET ME GO! I'll KILL YOU FOR TOUCHING ME! I'll KILL YOU! LET ME GO!"

"KITTEN!" Raven shouted and she froze. "Kitten."

"R...R...Raven help," She whimpered.

"It's Luke Angelos Mou," Silas said softly. "Lukey has you, Always has you."

"It's me Cupcake," Luke whispered in her ear. "I have you, I'll always have you. You aren't there, you're home safe and sound with us. We have you. Now drop the knife, Cupcake."

"I...I...I," She gasped dropping the knife. "I didn't...oh god...I didn't..." She bent over and threw up.

"Shhh it's okay Cupcake," Luke whispered as he held her. "You didn't hurt anyone. We are all okay." She threw up again then burst into tears. He turned her and gently rocked her as she broke down. "It's okay Cupcake, it's okay."

"Don't wanna go back," She sobbed clinging to him. "No go back."

"You never will," He soothed as he ran his fingers through her hair. "Never again, Cupcake. You are safe and sound here with us, always."

She clutched his shirt as she laid her head under his chin and cried until she fell asleep. Once she was in a deep sleep Nathan help Luke get up and he carried her to her room. He laid her in bed and frowned as she whimpered. North and Silas got in bed with her, one on each side of her and she calmed down.

"She's going to be emotional when she wakes up," Sean whispered, "and exhausted."

"We will have a goddamn movie night," Gabe whispered.

"She will be clingy," Victor whispered, "We can't have any night missions until she feels safe enough for us to be out of her eyesight."

"We know," Axel whispered. "We can use this time to show her how it could possibly one day."

"Have to get her to believe in love first," Luke whispered as he put on a dry shirt.

"What a challenge it will be," Brandon chuckled. "It'll be fun."

"Are we going to worry about this Dr. Reid?" Kota asked.

"No," Owen shook his head. "You heard her when she talked about him. He's always gone. Why worry about someone that is never here?"

"But he is in her life," Sean whispered. "He is important to her and I have a feeling he will return again, one day he will show back up in her life. What then?"

"That depends on where we are in her life when he does," Owen explained. "When it happens, depending on the situation, decisions will be made then."