Chapter 42

"Leave them alone," North growled as he grabbed the back of Luke's shirt and pulled him out into the hallway. "Sorry, Baby, Spencer. Just come down when you are ready."

"Interesting bunch," Spencer chuckled.

"Ha ha ha," Bailey rolled her eyes. "They are definitely interesting."

"Come on, let's get cleaned up," Spencer said shaking his head. "I'll start a shower."

"Good idea," She smiled softly. "They will come back up here soon if we don't join them."

After taking a shower and getting dressed, Bailey took his hand and intertwined their fingers before heading down the stairs. She was getting more comfortable about showing and receiving affection around them. She knew she still had a long ways to go but she was getting there. She was just glad they weren't pushing it and letting her go at her own pace.

"Morning," The men said as they entered the dining room.

"Good morning," Bailey smiled as she sat down next to Spencer.

"I have to fucking say, I love seeing you this fucking happy, Trouble," Gabe smiled as he popped a piece of bacon into his mouth.

"Well, I wonder why," Luke chuckled. "Maybe it has to do with a certain –"

"Shut your mouth Lucian," North glared, "NOW."

"Enough," Owen said straightening his tie. "Eat your breakfast."

"Yes Daddy," Bailey mumbled before taking a bite out of her pancakes, purposely refusing to see the look on his face but she could feel him staring while a couple of the men snickered or coughed. Once she got herself under control she blanked her face and turned to look at Owen, "What?"

He just looked at her, equally masking his emotions as well, "Care to repeat what you just said?"

"Nope, I'm good," She said taking another bite of her food. "So what's the plan for today?"

Just then Spencer's phone rang, "Excuse me," He said standing. He kissed the top of her head then walked of. "Yes, Garcia?"

"Well, we know what his plans are," she said nonchalantly.

"Are you okay?" Silas asked softly.

She nodded and sat her fork down sighing, "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

"Bailey," Axel said softly.

She huffed and rolled her eyes, "Just because Spencer and I have been together does not mean that I am going to become clingy and demand he quit doing what he does best. Yes, I'd rather he be here more often but I also understand how important he is to his team. He has an amazing talent and he uses that talent to help others. I can't take that away from him. I've accepted my place in his life and I'm okay with it. I have a part of his heart just as he has a part of mine. What we have is special, even more special now, and that just makes the time we do have together more important."

"I'm glad you understand." She turned to see him standing in the doorway.

"You off to be a superhero again?" She asked softly and he nodded.

"I'm needed, Bailey."

She smiled proudly and walked over to him, "I know," she said hugging him again, "Just come back when you can and in one piece."

He hugged her back, "I'll always come back to you."

She giggled softly, "You have to come back to all of us now."

He nodded, "Yes Ma'am." She hugged him tighter, and he smiled softly as he rubbed her back. "Are you listening to me, Bailey?"

She nodded, "Yes, Spence."

"I left your book on your nightstand," he smiled when she burst out laughing. "I will come back as soon as I can, I promise."

"The sooner you leave," she mumbled, "The sooner you will come back."

He kissed her then left, leaving her watching him drive away. "Come on, Angelos Mou," Silas said softly as he led her into the living room.

"Do you want me to go get you the book he left you?" Kota asked and she nodded. He came back a few minutes later smiling, "he got you one of your books out of our wish list." He sat in the rocking chair, "Come here, Ten," she sat in his lap and he opened the cover. "Of course he left you a quote."

"He wouldn't be Spence if he didn't," she murmured as she laid her head in the crook of his neck. "He always has a quote."

"If someone wants you, nothing will keep them away, but if they don't want you nothing will make them stay," he read softly. "Nothing will keep me away from you and I have no reason to stay away. I will always come back to you."