Chapter 12

"Hey Little One," Uncle smiled as he came into the mansion and found her in the living room on the couch watching TV the next day.

"Hey Uncle," She smiled as she hugged him. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to check on you," He said as he sat next to her. "So how have you been?"

"Alright," She shrugged. "I'm fine I guess."

"What do you mean you guess?" He asked confused. "Come walk outside with me and talk."

"Hey Princess, want anything to eat?" Victor asked as he came into the living room.

"No thank you," She shook her head. "I'm fine, North made me something earlier."

"Okay, I have rehearsal so I will be back later," He said kissing the top of her head.

"Bye," She watched him leave then turned back to Uncle, "alright, let's go."

"Talk to me," He said as they started walking around the gardens. "How have you been since you have been home?"

"I don't know," she shrugged. "It's kind of weird."

"What do you mean?" He asked intrigued.

"Like I'm glad to be here and I've noticed that a lot of my dark thoughts are no longer there," She admitted. "I still have some but it's not as bad as it used to be."

"So the medicine Sean has you on is working?" He asked and she nodded. "That's good Bailey."

"Yeah but not all my anxiety is gone," She shrugged. "I can't leave the house by myself yet and I still can't sleep by myself at night. I have to be with one or some of them at night or I have nightmares and end up hurting myself in my sleep."

"Have you considered about seeing a therapist?" Uncle asked. "I just don't want you to start slipping or try to recognize possible triggers."

"I have started seeing Lily," She nodded. "She comes here to see me, which I really appreciate."

"That's good," He nodded. "And have you heard from Boy Wonder since everything?"

"No," She shook her head, "But that's how it's always been. He's off saving the world so I can't be upset about that. He's doing wonderful amazing things."

"And do you think you will start pushing your boundaries anytime soon?" He asked watching her closely.

"I don't know," She shrugged, "Maybe one day but not right now." She shook her head, "I can't think that far ahead right now I can only focus on one day at a time."

"If that is what you need to do, then so be it," Uncle nodded. "Whatever you need to feel secure then so be it. We just don't want you to start slipping again."

"You know," She sighed softly while looking at the flowers, "Even though it was so scary and really fucked with my mind, I am also grateful for it."

"Really?" He asked shocked, "Why?"

"It made me realize that even though this world is dark and cruel and painful, I'm not ready to leave it behind just yet," She admitted. "I have too much to live for right now."

"That's great Bailey," Uncle smiled. "I'm proud of you."

"I know I wont always feel this way," she admitted. "I'm realistic and now that I will have still have dark painful days but I also know that I have you and the guys to help me through those days."

"That's right," Uncle nodded, "we will always be here for you."

"Hey, there you are," Sean smiled as he came out into the gardens. "It's time for your medicine, Pookie."

"Okay," She sighed and took the pills from Sean then the water bottle. She swallowed and opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue.

"Good job, Pookie," Sean smiled and hugged her. "Remember to let me know—"

"I know," She giggled softly, "if I start to feel like anything is off or just weird or anything to let you know immediately. I will if something happens, I promise."

"Thank you," Sean nodded. "I have to head into the hospital but I will have my phone on me at all times. Text me if you need or want to. I'll come see you as soon as I get home."

"Be careful," Bailey said and Sean nodded then left. She sat on the bench and Uncle sat next to her.

"What do you want out of life now Bailey?" Uncle asked and Bailey tilted her head as she became lost in thought. Uncle just waited patiently while she figured out the answer.

"I don't know," She answered honestly after a few moments. "I want to be happy all the time. Is that realistic? Is that possible to have?"

"Absolutely."