Chapter 11

"So, how come we have never heard of this Dr. Spencer Reid before?" Victor asked as she lay in the bed with Max resting his head on her chest.

"I don't know a lot about your pasts," She pointed out and they sighed knowing she was right.

"Will you tell us about him?" Kota asked.

"I met him when I was five in a library," she sighed softly. "He was there doing high school homework. He is three years older than me. Anyway, I was so fascinated by him and he found it intriguing that I didn't know how to read, so he taught me. We became best friends ever since."

"Okay that's fucking neat," Gabe shrugged, "But that still doesn't fucking explain how we never knew shit about him. Why haven't we fucking heard about this goddamn genius before?"

"He has a different life than we do," She shrugged, "he's always on the plane chasing down bad guys. Why should I tell you about him when I hardly ever see him anymore? I maybe see him two or three times a year for maybe a day, that's it. He's a different part of my life."

"And yet those two parts came together to save you from the bad guy," Victor pointed out.

"Yeah, they did," She sighed softly. "Never thought that would happen."

"So how does Uncle know him?" Luke asked.

"Who doesn't Uncle know?" Bailey asked and they chuckled.

"Touché," Kota smirked.

"Are you in love with him?" Silas asked and she shook her head.

"How can I be in love with someone who is hardly ever in my life?" She asked looking at her hands.

"The same way you can love someone that doesn't believe in love or loves you back," Silas retorted. "It's called unrequited love, Angelos Mou."

"Love is for fools," She rolled her eyes. "Even if it was real, it only leads to heartache, not worth all that kind of trouble."

"Okay Angelos Mou," He nodded knowing now was not the time to discuss that.

"So he knows about us," Nathan said.

"He's a genius and he knows Uncle," She shrugged, "obviously he knows about you. Besides the Academy and the FBI work together a lot, it was just a matter of time before Uncle and Spence met up."

"Interesting," Victor said, "Well, I know you must be tired so why don't you try and get some sleep, Princess. We will talk more when you wake up."

"Sounds good," She mumbled as she closed her eyes. "Think Doc's meds working."

"Sleep tight Pookie," Sean chuckled as he pushed her hair out of her face.

She felt herself being moved but was too tired to fully wake up. The smell of gun powder told her that Raven was holding her so she just sunk into his hold even more and drifted back to sleep.

"Roll over Pookie," Sean spoke softly in her ear, "I need to change your bandages then you can go back to sleep, I promise."

"Leave me alone," She whined as she tried to get back under the covers. She froze, wait a minute, this blanket was thicker than the hospital blanket and where was the beeping of the machines? She opened her eyes to see Sean smirking.

"Yes Bailey, we are home," He said turning on the lamp on the nightstand. "Now can I please change your bandages before I have to go in?"

"We're really home?" She asked as she rolled over onto her stomach so he could check her back.

"Yes," Sean said as he slid her shirt up and started changing the bandages. "You are doing great healing so I felt it was safe to bring you home. Now turn over, eat this and take your meds. The pain pill is strong so it will help you go back to sleep." He helped her sit up then placed a plate of toast and eggs in her lap.

"You don't cook Dr. Sean," She frowned looking at the food.

"No, he doesn't but I do," Marc said coming into the room. "Now eat Beautiful."

"So fucking bossy," She rolled her eyes as she picked up the toast, barely smiling when she saw he had already put the scrambled eggs on the toast with salt, pepper, and Cholula like she liked it. Marc saw the barely there smile and smiled.

"I would give you coffee but you need to get some more sleep," He said setting a cup down on the nightstand, "So here is your hot chocolate."

"You are the fucking best," She fully smiled as she sipped it.

"Thank you," He smiled. "Now eat or I will have to send North in here."

"Fine, I'll eat," She rolled her eyes and took another bite. She swallowed and said after licking her lips, "Don't want to piss off the beast."

"Who's a beast?" North asked as he came into the room.

"No one," She said before swallowing her medicine and taking another bite.