Chapter 8

She moaned as she woke and instantly recognized the beeping of hospital machines. "There you are Pookie," Sean smiled as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Fucking hell," She groaned. "Just once..."

"Well you got your wish," He sighed sadly, "But thankfully I was able to bring you back to us and just so you know Owen has grounded you for life."

"Okay," She mumbled as she tried get more comfortable. Her whole body ached as memories came back. "He, oh god, he."

"I gave you something so nothing will happen," Sean whispered as he wiped a tear. "I will give it to you two more times just to be on the safe side but with the fact that Raven pulled him off of you before it was finished it shouldn't happen. But I did everything I could just to be sure."

"Thank you," She whispered as some more tears fell. "Where?"

"They are outside waiting for me to finish checking on you. There were signs you were about to wake and I didn't want them overwhelming you."

"Thank you," She whispered as he helped her sit up just a bit. "Pain no so bad."

Sean chuckled, "Well that means the morphine is working."

"Sean," She looked at him shocked.

"I'm carefully monitoring you," He nodded, "I promise I won't let you go down that rabbit hole again. But Bailey," He sighed and sat beside her, "in order for me to—"

"Okay," She agreed. "I know," She nodded then winced, "Honestly, I'd rather ground your place."

"Good," Sean smiled softly. "I also started you back on your medicines but since you were without them for a bit it will take a bit for them to work again." She nodded and sighed, "Please don't scare us like that again, Pookie." He spoke so sadly it shocked her, "I know the kidnapping wasn't your fault but don't ever tell me again that we are too late. Don't ever give up on us."

"Get everyone please," She whispered and he nodded. Within seconds she heard everyone enter her room. "I'm sorry."

"For what Darling?" Owen asked confused.

"Everything, giving up," She admitted softly.

"We know it's not your fault, Peanut," Nathan said as he came and sat beside her. "There is nothing to be sorry for."

"I gave up," She whispered, "A lot. I broke promise. I didn't want to leave you but I just couldn't bear the thought of disappointing you. I couldn't think to fight back better. I knew I could but my mind wouldn't work, it was just dark and all I could think of was how much of a fuck up I am. I am so tired of hurting you and making you worry over me. My mind—"

"I know what it's like to be afraid of your own mind," Spencer said coming over to her. "Your chemicals were messed up without your medicine and the environment contributed to the unbalance. Depression is a vicious cycle. It frequently manifests itself in the degradation of one's personal living environment, which in turn fuels the depression, which then worsen the living environment." He cleared his throat, "You went through something horrible. I would be more worried if you didn't slip. You will have some dark days ahead of you but you have me and the rest of the guys by your side. You will get through this Bailey, just take one day at a time."

"Thanks Spence," She smiled at him gratefully and he nodded.

"I have to leave but I can't wait to see you getting back into your artwork," He said sliding his messenger bag over his shoulder.

"You're insane if you think I'm an artist," She scoffed then groaned in pain.

"Sometimes for an artist, the only difference between insanity and genius is success," He replied making her roll her eyes.

"Is he gone?" She asked scared.

"To get away with murder," Spencer said clearing his throat, "One does not talk about it."

"The Bandit has been killed in a stand off with the FBI," Gideon said coming into the room.

"Giddy," She smiled softly.

"Hi Bailey," He smiled gently patting her hand. "I wish I was seeing you under better circumstances but I'm glad to see you. I wish I could stay and talk but we have to go."

"Another case?" She asked and he nodded, "Go be the heroes you are. Thank you for saving me. Just let me know you are okay every so often, please?"

"Thanks Spencer," Uncle said holding his hand out.

Spencer looked at it then shook his head, "The number of pathogens passed during a handshake is staggering. It's actually safer to kiss." He turned back to Bailey, "I'll talk to you soon."