Chapter 28

Bailey pulled up the gate and sighed, what was she doing? She could turn around right now and go back home and they would never know she was there.

"You brought the pain upon yourself by running away from your source of happiness because of your fear," Henry's voice filtered through the million of thoughts that were running through her mind.

"Are you going to keep running and letting fear control you or are you going to take the risk of finding true love really is?" Harry's voice entered her mind and she groaned.

All of the quotes she saw at Lilly's office swirled around and she closed her eyes as she tried to figure out what to do.

A knock on her window made her jump in surprise. "Fucking hell Luke, what?" She asked when she rolled the window down.

"What are you doing Bailey?" He asked curiously as he rested his arms on the top of the car and looked down at her. "You've been out here forever."

"Debating," She admitted softly.

"Well, debate inside," He chuckled, "Marc just finished making lunch. He's making your chili cheese dog and voodoo fries with ranch as we speak." He stood and opened her door. "Scoot over, I'll park your car, North and Brandon have been working on some project cars so your spot it currently taken."

"Oh...okay..." She trailed as she unbuckled and climbed over to the passenger seat.

"Come on, Cupcake," Luke said as he opened her door and held his hand out, "don't want our food getting cold."

He put his hand on her lower back as they walked up to the mansion. Just as he opened the door she heard Sean talking, "Don't say a word North. Lilly and the guys said she lost a lot of weight and hasn't been sleeping well, don't say anything about it. If we can get her friendship back we can work on getting her back to how she was again."

"Fine," North sighed and she froze.

"Don't worry about it Cupcake," Luke whispered. "You know how North is. He's dramatic, you are fine, come on."

"I'm just going to go home Luke," She shook her head. "I don't want to deal with North's anger."

"Don't Baby please," North said as he came into the hallway. "I'm not mad at you, I promise. I'm mad at us for scaring you away. Please don't go."

He stood in front of her and she searched his eyes then sighed, "fine," she mumbled when she saw no deceit in his dark eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered as he hugged her. "God, I've missed this," he mumbled into her hair.

"Come on food is ready," Marc said as he came into the hallway. "Hey Beautiful," he smiled as he hugged her. "Want do you want to drink?"

"Dr. Pepper," She said as she hugged the rest of them.

"You got it," Luke smiled as he grabbed a can and poured it into her favorite tumbler then stuck a rainbow gradient metal straw in it for her.

"Thank you," She smiled when she sat down.

"So, tell us about your job, please?" Kota asked once everyone was sitting down.

"There's not much to tell," She shrugged as she began eating. "I work in a bookstore."

They continued talking as they had lunch and Bailey had to admit, she had missed this more than she realized. She felt at peace as they talked and laughed. She realized she needed this more than she thought. Maybe there was something to what Lilly and her men said. Or it could just be that she missed her best friends, a thought in her mind said.

"Do you want more, Peanut?" Nathan asked snapping her out of her thoughts.

"No," She shook her head, "I'm full."

"Will you go put on a movie, Sweetie, while we clean up?" Corey asked as he took her plate. "Please?"

"Okay," she nodded as she stood.

They headed into the living room once the dining room and kitchen were cleaned and Luke put his finger up to his mouth as he walked over to her. "She's asleep," He whispered as he grabbed a blanket and covered her up.

"Let her sleep as long as she needs to," Sean whispered as they got comfortable around her and started watching Harry Potter since that is what she fell asleep to while waiting on them.

"Am I the only one that keeps expecting to wake up and this be a dream?" Victor asked when she started to whimper but once he picked her up and held her she settled back down as she held his shirt and softly breathed on his neck peacefully.

"No," Axel shook his head. "We all are surprised she showed up."

"Now we just have to show her we will go at her pace," Owen whispered, "and help her overcome her fears of being with us."