The Lying Game

Beyonce's POV:

Nika's soft crying early in the morning, woke me. I looked down and saw her crying into her lion. I sat up and put on my side table lamp. I put my hand on Nika's forehead that was thankfully cool and sat her up. I helped her out of bed and washed her face with some cold water to relax her. She and I brushed our teeth and she whined to go back to bed. I walked her back to bed and she curled up next to Rob who was still sleeping and went back to sleep. I went back in the bathroom and did my normal routine and went into my closet to grab a yellow sundress and white thong. I did my hair up and a little bit of makeup before going downstairs. Downstairs, I called for the bounce house and pulled out stuff to make use breakfast smoothies, the one thing that I couldn't mess up. I had mine as the maids came in and started to clean. I went outside to the pool area as the maintenance personnel was out there cleaning it and making sure it was perfect. I spoke and walked the grounds as Megan called me.

"Hey Peaches."

"Suga, How's work?"

"It's fine, but can I confide something to you?"

"Yes?"

"I'm not on a work trip, in the traditional sense."

"Huh?"

"I just needed to get away Bey, I took a few days to get a room and just work remote and have alone time."

"So, you aren't away with your colleagues?"

"No, they had time off like Rob did. I just wanted some time to myself and did some catch up work at work."

"I understand wanting time off but why lie Suga? That's dumb and you know how we both feel about that. Rob hates being lied too."

"I know but truly, I'm not lying I am working."

"Hmm..."

"Anyway, I just wanted to say I missed you Peaches. Come visit me in the room?"

"What?"

"Come see Peaches, it's been years since we had some nasty hotel sex."

"I...where are you even?"

"Downtown, new hotel, the Montrose, suite 220."

"I'll consider it. We're about to have a 'Little' day to cheer up our Baby that's feeling negelected."

"Awww...I wish I was there!"

"You know...you could come home right?"

"No, no, I want her to have fun without worrying about me. That's why you could sneak away. You know she prefers Rob more than both of us."

"That's not true Megan. You know that Nika loves us both."

"I guess but it's not how she loves Rob. Me and you love each other but Nika doesn't love us that deeply."

"Suga, I might have to come see you, we need to talk."

"Good, I have call I need to make, I'll see you later."

Megan and I hung up and I sighed deeply before picking a few yellow roses from my garden and rinsed them off before taking them in the house. I put them in a vase as Nika ran down laughing with Rob chasing her. Hearing her giggle was so sweet. She ran to me and burying her face into my chest.