chapter 31

mikey pov
"so y'all are finally together huh?" isaiah asks.

"yea." i reply.

"cool. break her heart, i'll get my brother on you." isaiah smiles.

"whatever." i roll my eyes with a smile.

my phone rings bringing mine and kiara's attention to it. mama dukes👩🏽‍🍼🤞🏽. panic takes over me as i look at the time. i sigh and answer the phone.

"hey ma." i reply trying to sound calm.

"where are you and maliki? do you have any idea what time it is?" she yells through the phone.

"oh, i didn't pay attention to it." i reply.

"get home quick." she says sternly. she hangs up the phone.

"was she mad?" maliki asks, a nervous expression sitting on his face.

"yea. she was mad." i reply. "we'd better go, otherwise a grown man will get a whopping tonight." i smile. i glance at maliki.

"haha. let's go mike." maliki says sarcastically.

"see you later." kiara says. she smiles at me. i smile and grab her hand, helping her stand. she stands up and follows me to the door.

i look down at her with a smile.

"i'm so happy i get to look into those eyes again." i smile.

"when did you get all sappy on me?" she smiles.

"all that time away from you." i smile back.

"you're so cheesy." she rolls her eyes playfully, never letting her smile leave her face.

"because of you." i lean closer to her. "i love you."

"i love you, too." she smiles giddily at me.

i place both my hands to her cheeks and pull her face toward mine. our lips inches apart from melting together, i tease her, building the tension. she leans up to me and kisses me softly. i kiss her back just as soft. i hold her close and wrap my arms around her. she wraps her arms around me.

"ok, ok. let's go mike." maliki says. he pulls kiara and i apart.

"maliki." aliana groans.

"what?" maliki asks in an innocent tone.

"you're so mean." aliana says folding her arms.

he rolls his eyes at her.

"they'll be ok." maliki shrugs. "y'all got time to make up later."

kiara pov
tobiah's blacked out lamborghini truck pulls into the driveway. i watch as he hops out the car with a couple more scars on his face than he left with. he and bryan are dressed in all black, both with guns on their hips.

"where the hell did y'all go?" aliana asks looking at them in shock.

"we had some business to take care of." bryan says. he sighs and walks into the house.