chapter 27

mikey pov
"thanks mikey." haven says as i hand her the cup of tea she asked for.

"you're welcome." i sit beside her on the couch.

"you've been a really good friend to me these last few days." haven smiles.

"what are friends for?" i smile back.

"so how're you and kiara?" she asks.

"you know about her?" i ask.

"yea. everybody does. you are famous." she says in a duh tone.

"sometimes i forget." i sigh. "to answer your question, we broke up a while ago."

"i'm sorry to hear that. how are you holding up?" she asks.

"i've had a few bad days and tough nights, but i'm managing." i reply.

"what was she like?" haven asks.

"she was mean and sarcastic, funny, goofy, playful. did i mention mean?" the both of us laugh. "but she loved me and i loved her. that was enough for the both of us." i say.

"so why'd you break up?" she watches me intently.

"it wasn't enough anymore." i shrug my shoulders.

"surely that wasn't it." she replies.

"it was." i say.

"it couldn't have been. you guys were cool for a long time. then you started dating and you break up a few days later? i don't see what happened that's so bad that made you guys end your relationship."

"haven, that's it. we broke up because our love for each other wasn't enough." i reply raising my voice. her facial expression instantly turns. she takes her gaze away from me. i sigh. "i'm sorry."

"it's ok. i shouldn't have asked." she shies away from me.

"i shouldn't have raised my voice at you. i'm sorry haven." i sigh.

"it's ok." she smiles assuringly. "i'm sorry for prying. i should've just left it alone."

"it's ok." i reply.

maliki pov
"what's going on?" dad asks.

"they've been talking." i reply.

"just talking?"

"yea. just talking. they talked about kiara, school, sports, all that. they've been talking for hours." i sigh.

"is she nice?"

"she's nice and understanding and pretty. she seems really genuine too." i say. i glance back at dad.

"you think he's gonna move on now?"

"yea. i do."

kiara pov
"what a big happy family you are." aliana  murmured. isaiah chuckles lightly.

"if you're his aunt, what does that make kiara and mikey?" samila asks.