chapter 30

kiara pov (bridgerton spoilers ahead)
"food's ready." tobiah says from the kitchen. i pause bridgerton on episode two.

bryan and isaiah stand from the couch. they walk into the kitchen first. i follow behind them with aliana and maliki behind me.

"you threw down today tobiah." bryan says.

"yea yea." tobiah smiles.

i look at the items on the kitchen island. tobiah made chicken wings, collard greens, fried rice, mac and cheese, and cornbread.

"i thought you were italian." isaiah says as his eyes scan each item one by one.

"i am, but you forget i grew up around bryan all my life." tobiah says.

"yea, yea, yea. that's cute and all but can we eat already." aliana asks. she looks down at the food in front of her with hungry eyes.

"yea, ali. you can eat." tobiah laughs.

aliana does a little dance in excitement, then starts shuffling to grab a plate.

i grab a plate and start placing items on it. soon enough, i'm back in the living room watching tv. aliana and maliki join me. isaiah and bryan join after them. tobiah sits in front of me on the floor. i play bridgerton.

spending time with this group of people, actually brightens up my day.

the ringing of the doorbell takes my attention away from the tv. tobiah looks up at me. i pause the show and set my plate beside tobiah's. tobiah stands up and grab his gun from the kitchen. i walk up to the front door. i open it to see samila standing on the other side.

"hey." samila smiles.

"hey mila. what's up?" i ask confused. i step aside to let her in. she slips through the door.

"tobi texted me and told me he made food and that i should come over." samila smiles.

"oh damn. i forgot about that." tobi laughs.

i look at him daringly before turning back to samila. "the food's on the kitchen island." i say.

she smiles excitedly and skips over to the kitchen. i close the front door and go back into the living room. i sit back down on the couch. i grab my food from the coffee table. tobiah walks back into the living room. he places his gun in a holster under the coffee table. samila joins him in the floor. i play bridgerton again.

later, my dad came. he watched episode five of bridgerton with us then went to bed after he finished eating.

isaiah pauses the show.

"why she getting mad at him for? he said he can't have kids." isaiah says.

"zay."

"isaiah, can't and won't mean two different things." samila says.

"he told her he can't. she just took the word the wrong way." maliki says, jumping in.

"don't get involved maliki." aliana says.

"why not? i understand where he's coming from." maliki replies.