chapter 11

kiara pov
i wake up to mikey kissing my neck. i look down at him to see him cuddled closely to me with one leg draped over mine. he looks up at me.

"good morning." he smiles.

"morning." i force a smile. my neck tingles with each kiss.

"you ok?" he asks.

"yea. just tired." i reply. "what time is it?" i groan.

"almost five." he says.

"five?!"

"yea. i have to have enough time to take you home and get back to get ready for school." he says.

"ok." i sigh.

"come on. you have school today." he says. he stands up from the bed.

"can i lay in bed for a few more minutes?" i ask sleepily.

"i have to take you home so you can change clothes. you can sleep on the way." he replies. he reaches for my hand.

"ugh. fine." i groan. i grab his hand. he pulls me off the bed.

"get your shoes."

i glare at him. he looks at me and smiles. i roll my eyes and grab my shoes from beside the bed. he grabs a bag and stuffs my clothes inside. he tosses the bag on his bed. he walks to his dresser. he takes out a pair of sweatpants and tosses them to me.

"put them on." he demands.

"why?" i ask.

"it's cold outside." he replies. i roll my eyes and slide on the sweatpants. i grab my phone off the nightstand. "you ready?" he asks.

"yea." i answer.

i stand up and grab the bag of clothes he threw on my bed. i walk out of his room. simone is in the kitchen.

"good morning." she smiles.

"good morning." i force a smile.

"you ok?" she asks.

"yea. i'll be fine." i reply.

"you sure?"

"yea."

she walks up to me and hugs me.

"i know this might make things worse, but i'm always here for you if you need me." she says.

"thank you." i say. a tear slips from my eye. she pulls away with a smile. she wipes my tear away. mikey walks down the stairs.

"you ready kiara?" he asks.

"yea." i reply.

"ok. let's go." simone kisses my forehead.

"see you soon." she smiles. i give her a genuine smile back.

mikey grabs my hand. he leads me to his car. he opens the door for me. i climb inside. he closes the door and walks to the other side. he gets into the drivers side.