chapter 2

kiara pov
i look at the clock as the long hand slowly makes it way toward the 5. i close my notebook and slide it in my bag. i close my textbook. i zip my bag and glance at the teacher. i slide the textbook under my seat. the bell rings. i toss my book bag over my shoulder. i pull out my phone from my back pocket. i zoom out of the room and head towards the bus lot.

"hey kiara." will says walking up beside me.

"hey will." i reply.

"we're meeting at your house right?" he asks. he opens the door for me as we walk out of the school. the both of us make our way across the bus lot.

"yea." i reply.

"ok. what time should i be there?" he asks. we walk down the stairs and towards a bench.

"since the game starts at 7, be there around 5." he looks at me as if i have two heads. "it's an hour and a half drive, so bring a charger too."

"alright." he says. cameron and aj walk up to us.

"hey will." cameron says. he daps him up.

"hey man." will replies. cameron turns his attention to me.

"hey kiara." he smiles.

"hey." i smile back.

"i was wondering if i could talk to you for a minute." he looks at me expectantly. i nod my head.

"sure." he grabs my arm gently and leads me a few feet away from aj and will.

"i was just wondering if i could meet you after the game. i wanna talk to you about something." he says.

"uh, sure. just text me the details." i say. he nods his head with a smile.

"ok. i'll see you later." he beams.

"see you later." i reply. he turns around and heads back toward the school. aj follows him. i slowly walk up to will. aliana skips at us.

"what was that about?" she asks.

"i was just about to ask the same question." will says.

"he wanted me to meet him somewhere after the game." i say.

"and you said yes?" will asks.

"yea. i didn't want to hurt the guy. i've rejected him so many times. i don't know how much more rejection he'll take." i elaborate.

"ok. if you're sure." aliana says hesitantly.

"i already told him i would. i can't back out now. it'll crush him." i say.

"i guess they really don't call it a crush for no reason." will says.

"tell me about it." i sigh. aliana and i say our goodbyes to will and walk down to the football field. isaiah is running with the rest of the team. he spots me and runs up to me.

"hey. what's up? why are you here?" he asks.

"dads gonna pick you up today." i say.