chapter 17

(IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER! it's one of my favorites)
kiara pov
"lunch today was something else." aliana says as she flops on my bed.

"do you think he's alive?" i ask.

"honestly?" she asks looking at me. "yea. i do."

"how so?"

"think about it. he was born a whole year before your sister but supposedly died shortly after he was born. his dad gets upset and kills your sister because your brother is dead. your mom leaves in a rush after your sister dies. what if she's trying to hide your brother from his dad?" aliana asks.

i never really let myself believe the possibility that he's alive when dad told me. i looked at the records. i wanted to believe the records. hearing aliana explain it, it's starting to make more sense.

"so he's alive?" i ask, looking for a genuine answer.

"there's only one way to find out." she says.

"road trip?" i smile.

"next weekend." she smiles back.

isaiah pov
anger doesn't even begin to describe how i'm feeling right now. how the hell did she manage to have a kid with that bastard? and why the hell should i care?

"you ok?" xaela asks.

"i'm fine. i just have a lot on my mind." i reply.

"you know you can always talk to me?" she asks. she places her hand softly on my back.

"yea. thanks." i reply

"you're welcome." she smiles.

"seriously. thanks for always being there for me, even when things are going on in your life." i smile.

"you know i always got your back zay." she says.

she smiles softly. i look at her deeply in her eyes.

"zay, we need to talk." kiara says bursting into my room. aliana trails behind her.

"ok." i say.

"hey xaela." kiara smiles.

"hey kiara." xaela says, sounding almost disappointed.

"zay, we're going on a road trip next weekend." kiara says.

"seriously." i reply annoyed. "where and why?"

"to new york." aliana smiles.

"didn't you tell me not to go looking for him, but yet here we are discussing going to find him?"

"yea. i never said you couldn't look for him with me." kiara shrugs.

"ok. whatever. i'm down." i reply.

"you wanna go too, xaela?" kiara asks.

"oh no. i feel like i'm intruding on family business." she says shyly.