chapter 7

kiara pov (November 13, 2022)
"let's go kiara." isaiah says rushing me.

"i'm coming." i unlock the doors to my car. he hops in the passenger seat. i plop down in the drivers seat and start the car.

"come on, i can't be late." he rushes. i pull out of the driveway and head toward his girlfriends house.

i pull up beside the curb.

"is she coming?" i ask.

"i have to go get her." he says.

"well hurry up. mikey and i are supposed to have a movie day today." i sigh.

"ok, ok." he gets out the car and walks up to the front door. he comes back a minute later with his girlfriend on his arm. the both of them get into the back seat.

my phone rings. i look down. mikey. i answer the phone.

"hello?"

"hey. you at home?" he asks. 

"no. i'm taking my brother and his girlfriend on a date." i say.

"you're third wheeling?" he asks.

"yea, and i'm paying." i reply, sarcastically.

"kiara."

"ok. i'm dropping them off." i sigh. "i'll be home in about 20 minutes."

"ight." he hangs up.

(time skip)
i pull into the driveway. mikey's car is parked on the curb in front of my house. i hop out. mikey walks up the sidewalk across the front yard.

"hey holmes." he greets.

"what?" i ask confused.

"you call me homeboy, so i call you holmes." he smiles proudly.

"i don't know about that homeboy." i insist.

"nope. it's sticking." he says. he follows me into my house. we walk into the kitchen. "so where the snacks?"

"pantry." i instruct.

he goes into the pantry and takes out honey barbecue lays. 

"can you get my barbecue chips too?" i ask.

"yea." he takes out my barbecue chips and places them on the kitchen island.

"thanks." i grab a sprite from the fridge.

"can you get me one too?" he asks.

i grab another sprite and place the both of them on the kitchen island.

"thanks holmes." he says. i look at him stupidly. "i'm not stopping."

i roll my eyes and head toward my room. he follows me. we walk into my room. i plop on my bed. he does the same.