chapter 14

mikey pov
school today couldn't have been more awkward. zeke, angel and i have three classes together, so of course there was tension. i'm just glad zeke isn't upset with me. he tends to get mad at the victim in situations like this. but he knows i would never do anything like that to him. kiara would kick my ass.

the final bell of the day rings.

"class dismissed." my teacher says.

"yo mikey!" tom yells across the classroom.

"yea?"

"you staying after school?"

"i'm going home, then i'm coming back." i reply.

"samila going with you?" he asks.

"yea. why?" i ask suspiciously.

"gabrielle asked." he says shyly.

"ight." i reply. i walk out of the classroom to find samila standing beside the door. "hey." i say grabbing her attention.

"hey. i didn't know you had this class." she says.

"yes you do. you know my schedule just like i know yours." i say. she looks at me guiltily. "i also know there's no way you could have got here from your class that fast."

"i don't know what you're talking about." she says. she turns away from me and walks away.

"are you fucking tom?" i ask. she jerks her head around to look at me.

"no i'm not fucking him." she replies.

"so y'all talking or sum?" i ask.

"no." she replies. "why you ask?"

"he asked about you." i reply. i open one of the double doors, leading samila and i outside.

"don't know why." she says speeding in front of me.

"i don't know either." i sigh.

something's going on between them.

kiara pov
"come on uriah!" i yell upstairs.

"i'm coming! give me a minute!" he yells back.

"we need to leave now." i say, turning back to isaiah, rose, aliana and kate.

"i'll go get in the car." he says. i toss him the keys.

"me too." kate says. rose follows her to the car.

aliana goes in the pantry and grabs a bag of chips.

"this is why i don't take him anywhere." i sigh. uriah comes down the stairs.

"you should've told me we were leaving sooner." he scoffs.

"i told you two hours ago!" i yell at him.

"don't yell at me." he sighs.

i roll my eyes and head outside to the car. uriah and aliana follow me. aliana takes her place in the passenger seat. uriah sits in the back with rose, kate and isaiah. i get in the drivers seat. i buckle my seat belt. i speed out of the driveway and head down the road.