chapter 20

tobiah pov (two days ago, December 13, 2022)
"wassup man." i dap bryan up.

"hey. i found that info on those people you asked for. you sure you want to go crawling down that hole? looks to me like it gets pretty deep." he says.

him and his damn metaphors.

"yea. i'm sure." i reply.

"ight. you need me to come with?" he asks.

"you want to?" i ask.

"hell yea. you know i'm nosy as hell nigga." bryan laughs.

"ight man." i sigh.

"i can go?"

"yea. but when we get there, please stay in the car first. i have no idea how this is gonna go and i don't want them to feel unsafe." i explain.

"i got you man." he replies.

"ight. plane leaves tomorrow." i say.

"ight. see you later man."

"see you."

as we part ways, i can't help but think if i'm making the right choice. bryan was right. there is some deep history between us. all i can do is hope for the best.

kiara pov (December 15, 2022)
"why are you here?" i ask.

"i just really wanted to meet my siblings. i've never met you guys before. i just wanted to know you." he says.

"our father said he wanted us to stay away from you." i sigh.

"is it because of my dad?" he asks.

"yes. also because he doesn't know you. we don't know you. he doesn't want to risk our lives." i explain.

"kiara, please. just let me explain. let me explain my story to you." he pleads.

i look back at uriah and isaiah for an answer. isaiah doesn't say anything.

"ok." uriah says standing up. "come in."

i know as the second or third oldest i don't really have much of a say when uriah agrees or disagrees to something, but i'm not sure about this. i just figured we could look for him and if we didn't find him, we can go back home. act like nothing happened. i hadn't made a plan for if we actually met him.

tobiah sits on the couch just as uriah does.

"give me a second." i say. i run upstairs to my room. aliana is wearing undergarments looking for clothes in my closet.

"is maliki here?" she asks.

"no, but tobiah is." i state.

"you're fucking lying." she says.

"nope. downstairs. wants to explain himself." i state.

"let me put on my clothes and i'll be right down." she says.

"can you come with me now and we'll touch you up later?" i ask.