chapter 5

kiara pov
"i gotta go, ki. i'll be back tomorrow." aliana says. she rubs my shoulder and heads to my room door. i nod and force a quick smile. "you gonna be ok?"

i nod my head in response.

it's been two hours since cameron ended whatever just started between us. i know i really hurt him, which is why i didn't want to be with him in the first place. i was scared that we would break each other all over again because we both have been heart broken in the past. i really just hope he doesn't hate me after this.

mikey pov
i pull up to kiara's house with ice cream, cinnamon toast crunch and white grape juice. i grab the bag and step out of the car. i lock the doors as i head up the stairs and onto the sidewalk. four cars are parked in the driveway. i knock on the door. a kid that looks like kiara, but younger opens the door.

"hey. you're mikey williams right?" he asks.

"yea." i reply.

"what are you doing here?"

"i'm here for kiara. i heard she wasn't feeling well." i say.

"how do you know my sister?" he folds his arms and uses a defensive tone.

"i met her at my game yesterday." i say.

"ok. fair enough. come in." he steps to the side to let me in. aliana walks down the stairs.

"hey mikey." she says.

"hey aliana." i reply.

"thanks for coming. she's in her room." she says. i smile. she pats my arm as she walks past me.

i go upstairs and into kiara's room. i push the door open. "hey."

she turns around quickly. "what are you doing here mikey?" she asks. she turns back on her side.

"i heard you weren't feeling ok so i decided to come cheer you up." i say.

"aliana told you?"

"yea." i reply. i walk over to her bed. i sit on the edge. "i also got you your favorite ice cream, cinnamon toast crunch and grape juice." i say.

"white grape?" she asks. i smile and nod. "how did you know i like this stuff?" i shrug. "aliana?"

"yep." i take out the items from the bag.

"well thank you."

"you're welcome." i reply. "you wanna watch a movie?"

"i never said you were staying." she says.

"we can watch another cinderella story." i smile. she rolls her eyes.

"fine." she says. i take off my shoes and get under the covers with her "before you get comfortable, we need spoons for the ice cream."

"right." i sigh and walk downstairs. her brother is sitting on the couch. i walk into the kitchen. "hey lil man. where the spoons?"

"the drawer beside the drawer under the sink." he says. i sigh and pull out random drawers until i find it.

"thanks lil man." i reply. he nods his head at me. i head back upstairs. kiara is sitting patiently in her bed eating cinnamon toast crunch. "you couldn't wait?"