chapter 28

kiara pov
"what's her email address, phone number, social security, job, grandparents job, moms job, dads job, all that?" aliana questions.

"it's fine ali." i mumble.

"no it's not. he was with a girl. a girl who didn't care about your feelings when she revealed their relationship." aliana says putting air quotes around relationship.

"she doesn't owe me anything." i sigh.

"respect. she owes you the respect to not rub that shit in your face." aliana rages.

"aliana, calm down." maliki says from my office chair.

"don't ever tell me to calm down." aliana says pointing sternly at maliki.

"come here." maliki says. aliana looks at him evilly. "come here." he demands. she huffs and walks over to him. he grabs her by her cheeks and pulls her face toward his. "calm down." he kisses her forehead. aliana takes a deep breath.

"ok. i'm calm." aliana says. she sits on maliki's lap.  "i just don't understand why she had to put salt in the wound like that."

"i don't even care anymore." i sigh.

"why did you go there anyway?" maliki asks.

i look away guiltily.

"ki." aliana says. i look over at her. "why did you go over there?"

i hesitate before answering. "i was- i was gonna tell mikey i was in love with him." i breathe. aliana's breath hitches.

"i'm gonna kill that nigga." aliana rages again.

"aliana imani monroe!" maliki says. a shocked expression sits on his face. 

"say goodbye to your brother." aliana says. she looks at maliki seriously.

"you're not killing my brother." maliki shrugs.

"that's what you think." aliana smiles evilly.

"she knows where to bury a body. she also knows someone who cremates." uriah says walking into my room.

"seriously?" maliki asks.

"yea." uriah replies. maliki looks to me for an answer. i nod my head.

"so, you wanted to tell mikey you were—are in love with him. what happened?" isaiah asks as he walks into my room.

"i ringed the doorbell. he opened it. i asked to talk. he said it's not really a good time. then she appeared beside him. i asked how they knew each other. she said they're dating. i asked mikey if it was true. he said yes. so i left." i explain.

"you left without telling him you're in love with him?" aliana asks.

"yea. i wasn't about to let him see me cry after they both said they were dating." i reply, playing with my fingers.

isaiah sits on the bed and hugs me.

"i'm sorry ki." he says.