chapter 34

kiara pov
the school bell rings. i bolt out of the classroom and out to the bus lot. i wait by a bench for rose, aliana and isaiah. i pull out my phone and tap my fingers on my stomach impatiently. will appears beside me.

"hey kiara." he smiles.

"hey will." i smile back.

"i just wanted to tell you we're leaving tomorrow at 4. game starts at 7." he says.

"ok." i nod.

he looks me up and down.

"are you wearing a mikey shirt?" he asks.

"yea. aliana made it." i reply. "she's wearing one too."

"that's cute and all. you going to his game today?" he asks.

"yea. i plan to." i reply.

"you think i can come too?" he asks.

"yea, of course." i reply.

"can i wear a shirt too?" he asks. i look at him with a smile.

"yes, you can wear a shirt." i affirm.

isaiah walks up to me with aliana trailing behind him on her phone.

"you ready?" isaiah asks.

"we're waiting on rose." i say.

"ok. i'll see you guys later." will says. he waves as he walks in the other direction. "i'll meet you at the game." he says.

i nod my head.

"he's coming?" aliana asks, looking up from her phone.

"yea. he also wants to wear a shirt." i add.

"i shouldn't have made them damn shirts." aliana groans.

isaiah chuckles.

"hey. are we ready?" rose asks, walking up to us.

"just waiting on you." isaiah says.

"well, i'm here." she says.

"yea." i say. awkward silence fills the air for a second. "ok, let's go."

the four of us climb into my car. i buckle my seat belt and pull out of the parking space. i head for my house.

mikey pov
i walk into the gym to find the rest of my team warming up. i sit on the bench on our side of the score table and set my bag on the floor beside me. i take my shoes out and switch them with the ones i'm wearing. i look up as i'm tying my left shoe. people start to fill the gym. i stand up. i start to stretch. zeke walks up to me.

"so coach said i'm starting today but you're still running point." zeke says.

"alright." i reply.

"is kiara coming today?" zeke asks.

"yea." i pause. "she said her best friend made shirts for them to wear today." i say.