chapter 33

kiara pov
"you're back early." aliana says as i walk through the front door.

"mikey kinda talked me out of it." i say.

"was tobiah having fun?" she asks.

"yea. he was." i reply.

"good."

mikey walks through the front door.

"hey mikey." aliana smiles.

"hey ali." mikey says. he turns to me. "let's go in your room."

i nod my head. i look at aliana. she smiles at me.

"don't be up there bumping and grinding." aliana says.

"we won't, ali." i reply.

"yea, ight." she replies.

mikey places his hand on the small of my back. he guides me upstairs. he reaches in front of me and opens my room door. the both of us walk in. he closes the door behind him. i sit on my bed. i watch as he rolls my desk chair in front of me. he sits on my desk chair

"kiara?" he asks. he watches me intently.

"yes?" i reply.

"i need you to talk to me. tell me what's going on with you." he says. he grabs my hand as he stares into my eyes.

"ever since we ended things in december, i've been trying my best to keep an open mind with everyone. i don't want to keep anymore secrets from anyone. i don't want what happened to me and you to happen to anyone else. i didn't want to lose what we had. i guess i'm saying that what happened between us scarred me." i explain.

he looks down with a sigh. he opens his mouth but nothing comes out. he's at a loss for words leaving the room completely silent.

"you meant so much to me in so little time and it hurt me a lot when i lost you." i sigh. he pushes a few braids behind my ear as i look down at our hands.

"kiara. you have to understand that what happened between us was what was best for both of us. we needed that time apart so we can come back stronger. i know it was hard for you. it was hard for me too. you have no idea how many times i broke down crying because of how much i missed you, but you gotta understand that what you told me was too much for me." he explains. i look up at him.

"so it's my fault?" i ask.

"i never said it was your fault." he says.

"you insinuated it." i reply. i take my hand away from his.

"kiara."

"what are you trying to say mikey?" i ask.

he looks at me confused. "i'm trying to say that what happened between us needed to happen."

"but it happened because of me?"

"kiara, that's not what i'm saying."

"then what the hell are you saying, mikey?" i question raising my voice.

"i'm trying to say that what happened is because of both of us! you had the secret that could break us apart, but i'm the one who let it affect us. i'm the one who let you walk away. i'm the one who told you to leave. yes, you fueled the fire, but i didn't put it out. i'm sorry, kiara." he sighs. "i'm sorry i let it get this far."