chapter 22

aliana pov
"i can't believe she actually left and you didn't stop her." isaiah complains.

"if his mother is dying, then she needs to be there for him." dad says.

"he broke her heart dad." uriah adds.

"do you know how close she was with his mother before they broke up? did you hear the conversations they had with each other? his mother loved her and i know for a fact kiara loved her too. you're not taking this away from her." geo shouts. he looks at isaiah and uriah angrily. "i'm trying to be a better father. i'm trying to make those tough decisions. i don't need you two telling me what's best for my daughter. you hear me?"

"yes dad." isaiah groans.

"yea." uriah sighs.

the doorbell rings. geo sighs. he shakes his head as he walks to the door. he opens it. mikey stands on the other side.

"hey geo." mikey says.

"mikey. what are you doing here?" geo replies, confusion clearly shown on his face.

"i came here to see kiara. is she here?" mikey questions.

"no, she's-she's out helping a friend right now." geo answers.

"do you know when she's gonna get back?" mikey asks. he looks to geo hopefully.

"honestly, there's no telling." geo sighs.

"ok." mikey spoke.

"do you want me to give her a message or something?" geo asks.

"uh-no. actually, please don't tell her i came by?"

"yea. sure." geo nods his head.

"thanks." mikey smiles shyly. he turns to walk away. geo closes the door softly.

"what the hell was that?" geo asks.

i shrug my shoulders.

"i have a serious question." tobiah says raising a finger in the air.

"go on." isaiah says.

"who broke up with who?" tobiah asks.

isaiah, uriah and geo turn to me resulting in tobiah doing the same.

"he broke up with her." i say.

"so why was he here?" tobiah questions.

"that's a good question." uriah says.

kiara pov
i walk through the front door. i sigh. i walk into the kitchen with my head down. i open the fridgerator door and grab a water. i close the fridge and turn around to find isaiah, aliana, uriah, tobiah and dad all in the living room watching me.

"you ok?" aliana asks.

"no. not at all." i sigh. i place the water down on the kitchen island.