𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 + 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

after debating with herself that maybe her mom would like to know where her daughter is, phoebe went outside by the car to call her.

''hey, mom. i am so sorry'' the teen immediately apologized to her mother as soon as she answered the phone.

''where are you? why didn't you call?''

''i was so tired last night. i fell asleep at bonnie's. and then this morning, i just wanted to get to school'' phoebe lied, hating it with every word, but she would be so much angrier with her if she knew where she really was.

''are you okay?''

''yeah, it's just stefan and stuff'' she said actually telling some truth about that.

inside the bar, damon walked over to the window, seeing the dawson teen standing by the car.

he used his vampire hearing to listen in on her phone call.

back outside, phoebe had just got done talking to her mom and only moments later, she got another phone call.

it was stefan.

the girl sighed in annoyance, hovering her thumb over the answer button, hesitating for a moment before answering the call and holding the phone up to her ear.

''phoebe, is that you?''

''i'm here'' phoebe confirmed, her anger beginning to build back up in her chest.

''where are you?''

''you lied to me. and to elena'' she said bringing up the problem at hand.

''not until i explain, please''.

''so, you didn't lie? well what do you call it, withholding information after saying you'll tell me everything?'' phoebe questioned.

''just tell me where you are so that i can come get you''.

''how are elena and i connected to katherine and my great-grandmother, stefan?'' the teen asked.

''it's complicated, but i honestly don't know''.

phoebe scoffed,"and i'm just supposed to believe that?''

''it's the truth. i--listen--''

"i can't hear anymore lies, stefan" the teen cut in, with a stern shake of her head, before hanging up the phone.

phoebe sighed out in frustration and turns around to go back to the bar, only to be faced with damon.

''you okay?" he asked her, seeming to genuinely wanting to know how she was feeling.

''i'm fine'' she nodded, in gratefulness, which he returned with a small smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

"let's just say that elena is descended from katherine--does that make her part vampire?'' phoebe asked damon as they sat at the bar eating burgers and fries.

''vampires can't procreate'' damon shook his head,''but we love to try'' he added with a smirk.

the dawson girl sent him an un-amused look before he continued,''no. if elena is related to katherine, it would mean katherine had a child before she was turned'' he explained, taking a bite out of a fry.

''did stefan think that he could use elena to replace her? and then use the fact that he knew my great-grandmother and that we could practically be twins to get close to me?'' phoebe ranted before flopping a fry in her mouth, frustrated.

''kinda creepy if you ask me'' damon agreed.

the girl let out a sigh as she began to pick the pickles off her burger.

''come on, what? you don't like pickles? what's wrong with you?'' the older salvatore asked, taking the pickles off of phoebe's plate.

''how can you even eat? if technically you're supposed to be—" she lowered her voice, sending a nod toward him, knowing damon knew what she meant.

''dead. it's not such a bad word. as long as i keep a healthy diet of blood in my system, my body functions pretty normally'' he explained to her, plopping a fry into his mouth.

phoebe smiled softly over at him,''this nice act. is any of it real? because honestly it's getting kinda boring hating you''.

damon glanced toward her, neglecting to answer the question.

the teen sent him a look, awaiting his answer.

''here you go, honey'' bree came over to the two from behind the counter to place a beer bottle in front of damon.

''thank you''.

phoebe thought about it for a second before deciding to fully commit to taking five whole minutes out of her crappy life,''i'll have one, too'' she stated, confidently, looking over at bree.

''hmm?'' damon questioned, looking toward the dawson teen.

''time out, remember? for 5 minutes? yeah, well that 5 minutes is gonna need a beer''.

''there you go'' bree placed a beer bottle in front of the girl.

phoebe lifted the beer bottle up to her lips when damon did a 'cheers' gesture with his beer and hers before she drank the liquid.

to be honest, it was horrible, as always, but it'll have to do.