𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴' 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 + 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴' 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 & 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥'𝘴 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘢𝘭

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

inside, phoebe had called caroline to join her and the others so now phoebe, caroline, and elena were in the kitchen taking the takeout out of the bag.

bonnie then walked in and caroline glanced at her, before going back to taking the food of the bag.

phoebe and elena, however stopped and gave looks at caroline, who noticed and sighed in annoyance before turning to face bonnie,"i'm sorry. there. i said it. if you want the ugly-ass necklace, keep it. it's yours''.

''will you hate me if i tell you i threw it away?'' bonnie hesitantly asked, already knowing caroline will probably flip out.

''you threw it away?!"

''i know it sounds crazy, but the necklace was giving nightmares. i had to get rid of it'' bonnie briefed on the problems she's been having lately.

''you could have just given it back to me'' the blonde suggested.

''why? so you could give it back to damon?'' phoebe gave her blonde best friend a look as she spoke.

''screw damon. are we doing manicures or what? who has their kit?'' caroline calmed down and changed the topic.

''mine's in my bag'' bonnie answered.

the blonde moved over to the couch where their bags resided and went through bonnie's for the kit.

''so, phoebe...'' caroline started.

''hmm?'' phoebe looked from taking the caps off of the containers of food to caroline.

''how long do you think this fight with stefan's gonna last? is it like a permanent thing?''

phoebe sighed, knowing exactly what caroline doing, "we're not together, caroline. and there was no fight".

''heh. why are you such a little liar, bonnie?''

''what?'' bonnie questioned, turning back to caroline.

''caroline!'' elena exclaimed, appalled at what the blonde said.

phoebe was in disbelief also as she looked at the teen.

the three then saw the necklace dangling from caroline's hand.

their eyes widened at the sight of it, wondering how the hell it needed up in bonnie's bag.

~~~~~~~~~~

"i'm not lying to you, caroline. i swear'' bonnie told the blonde after she called her a liar.

''it's true. we watched her throw it into a field'' phoebe confirmed what bonnie was saying.

elena nodded in agreement.

''well, then explain it''.

''emily'' bonnie said, looking toward elena and phoebe.

''who's emily?'' caroline questioned, completely clueless.

''the ghost'' the bennett girl answered, not sparring a glance toward the blonde once.

''oh, the ghost has a name now?'' caroline scoffed.

''caroline, please'' elena said, holding up a hand toward caroline, wanting to hear what bonnie was saying.

''i wonder why she won't leave me alone'' bonnie said, looking scared out of her mind.

''okay, what is going on?'' caroline questioned, catching the attention of all three of them,''why am i not a part of this conversation. you guys do this to me all the time'' she huffed out, recalling other times, there were only conversations between elena, bonnie, and phoebe, not her.

"that's not true, care'' phoebe shook her head, looking toward the blonde.

''yes, it is'' bonnie stated, bluntly before turning to caroline,"i can't talk to you. you don't listen''.

''that's not true" caroline denied.

''i'm a witch'' the brunette said to see if caroline actually listens.

''and don't we all know it'' caroline responded, not even hearing what bonnie just said.

''see? this is what i'm talking about. i'm trying to tell you something. you don't even hear it'' the bennett teen then walked away in frustration.

caroline turned back to phoebe and elena, bewildered,"i listen. when do i not listen?"

the two girls sighed, already knowing it was going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~

while caroline and bonnie were talking in the living room, phoebe and elena sat in the kitchen waiting for them.

the two sat in silence leaving phoebe to spare constant nervous glances at elena, thinking what she has to tell her sooner or later.

so she figured now it was as good a time as ever,''so, lena...'' phoebe started, catching the gilbert girl's attention.

"what is it?'' she questioned, seeing the nervous look on the girl's face.

''i have something to tell you and if you wanna be hate me and probably not be my friend anymore by the end of what i have to say then i'll understand'' the dawson girl finished, feeling the extreme nervousness rising in her chest.

''wait, phoebe, what are you talking about?'' elena asked, now highly confused.

phoebe took a deep breath in,''okay. i'm just gonna say it. i kissed stefan''.

elena's mouth gapped in shock,"oh".

the teen immediately felt bad and stupid,''i know. i am so sorry and it was the night you guys broke up. i have feelings for him or something. i'm still figuring that out, but i completely understand if you feel angry or betrayed or if you don't even wanna be friends anymore. it's fine, i get it. i am horrible, i feel horrible and--''

''phoebe. phoebe!'' elena called, walking up to the dawson teen and placing her hands on her shoulders to stop her from ranting,"i'm not mad or betrayed. it's okay. and i definitely want to stay your friend''.

phoebe was now confused,"i'm sorry, what?"

''yeah, i'm not mad. honestly it wasn't until after i broke up with stefan that i realized i just wasn't really that into the relationship we had. and yes'' elena nodded with a soft chuckle.

''wait, what?'' phoebe questioned, even more confused.

''oh, come on, i knew you were going to ask me it sooner or later in this conversation or never and deny yourself the happiness you clearly deserve. so i'm telling you ahead of time. the answer is yes. look, phoebe, you have been there for me through everything, matt. i lost my parents and you were there. you have been there for me and jeremy through it all. you made sure we were okay. so now it's time for you to actually take care of you. find a guy, fall in love. you deserve to be happy and if that's with stefan, i would never want to stand in your way of happiness'' the brunette concluded with a warm smile.

phoebe felt so lucky in that moment so have elena as a best friend,''oh, i love you'' she pulled elena into a hug with a chuckle.

''i love you more'' the girl returned the chuckle, embracing her back, resting her chin on phoebe's shoulder.