-162 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘴

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

TWO DAYS LATER

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THE NEXT afternoon, phoebe, elena, stefan, matt, and jeremy were being questioned about vicki's disappearance at the police station.

''you said you were in contact with vicki that night?where did she say she was going?'' sheriff forbes (caroline's mom) questioned phoebe.

vanessa sat next to her daughter seeing as the sheriff couldn't have questioned the teen without a guardian present since she was underage.

"i hadn't talked to vicki that night, but i saw her. she was mostly with jeremy gilbert when i did'' phoebe lied, knowing she couldn't tell the truth, even though it was eating her up inside.

''okay, and matt donovan said that he had seen you that night. that you seemed distraught. what happened?''

the girl quickly came up with another lie to tell,"uh, i was drinking a little bit too much and when i get drunk i get over-emotional'' she went with it and hoped it would be enough.

''and elena was the last person you saw that night, right?'' the sheriff questioned to be sure.

''yes. i had driven elena home that night i remember'' phoebe nodded, lying straight through her teeth.

''did you notice any signs of aggression or violence from vicki?''

phoebe shook her head,''no, not that i know of'' she lied once again.

''so you believe vicki really has left town?'' sheriff asked a final question.

''yes'' she nodded once again, hoping to god the sheriff or even her own mother didn't see through her lying.

~~~~~~~~~~

phoebe was just walking out of the station with her mother.

the two were conversing when phoebe noticed stefan standing at the bottom of stairs.

she assumed he was waiting for her.

she took one look at the man and her breath hitched in her throat.

she was really into him, not that she had time to think about that at all in the last few days, but seeing him now confirmed that fluttery feeling in her chest.

phoebe broke herself out of her trance and turned back to her mother when they reached near the bottom of the stairs,''i'll meet you at the car, mom''.

''okay'' vanessa rubbed her daughter's forearm in comfort before walking past stefan towards the car.