-𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

THE NEXT morning, phoebe was walking down the stairs of her house.

when she reached the bottom, she saw her mother gathering upher purse.

she had the day off today and phoebe had school, so she wanted to drive her.

''morning, mom'' the girl smiled toward her mother.

''oh, good morning, sweetie'' vanessa stopped what she was doing and turned toward her daughter, returning the smile,''how's bonnie and caroline?''

''bonnie's fine, caroline too'' phoebe nodded, placing her bag on the back of the couch, going through it to make sure she had everything.

''that's good'' vanessa said, watching phoebe check her phone, assuming, for any messages from stefan, but from the look of disappointment, there were none,''so...you and stefan'' she pulled the purse straps onto her shoulder, moving closer to her daughter,''i would like an update''.

''there's no update, mom. he knows how i feel and where i stand, and i know where he stands, but it doesn't matter. he's leaving, moving away'' phoebe stated, letting her mom know nothing has changed since she informed her of what happened between her and stefan last night.

the teen slide on a plaid thin shirt on her arms pairing with the casual black knee-height dress she had on with black ankle boots.

vanessa was certainly shocked to hear the news, just when she noticed how close her daughter and stefan were getting lately,''where's he going?''

''i've stopped asking questions. the answers get scary'' phoebe responded, moving with her to the door.

she opened it and the two walked out in the light the day brought.

''wow, i'm sorry, honey'' the older woman rubbed the girl's arm in comfort, only wanting her daughter to be happy and seeing her like this over a boy she really liked just broke her heart.

''it's okay, mom. really. i'm okay. i just want to make it through the day'' phoebe shrugged it off, with a soft smile as her and vanessa walked arm in arm down the steps of the porch and over to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~

at the high school, elena, phoebe, and bonnie walked through the hallways, taking notice of matt and caroline walking together, talking and laughing, confusing elena and phoebe.

''did we miss something?'' phoebe questioned, not knowing caroline and matt were even talking to each other.

''they've been hanging out'' bonnie answered, like it was no big deal.

''kind of weird, don't you think?'' elena questioned.

''she needs someone nice like him, as opposed to a homicidal vampire like damon''.