𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴? + 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

the rest of the night went by pretty fast, thankfully, to phoebe.

she had gone home and immediately headed to bed, completely forgetting about the movie night she was supposed to have with her mother, but it wouldn't matter much anyway seeing as vanessa wasn't even there.

phoebe just figured she was still at the hospital.

that's where she was mostly these days.

~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY

the next morning of a new day started with phoebe exiting her bathroom wrapped in a towel and her hair tied in a bun on the top of her head.

the girl picked out a causal outfit for the football game taking place at her high school; a black tank top tucked into black leggings, a blue denim jean jacket, and black/white tennis shoes.

after getting dressed, phoebe began to let her hair down, letting it fall on her back, ruffling it a little with her hands before going to grab her phone and purse.

she then left the room, making her way downstairs and out the door.

she locked the door back before moving to her car and getting in, driving off toward the school.

~~~~~~~~~~

at the school, phoebe was talking to some of her friends when she noticed stefan walking up to her.

the girl excused herself from the group to go talk to stefan, who was dressed in his jersey for the game,''oh, okay, i see you, supposedly to be mystery loner guy'' she teased, with a small laugh when she saw the jersey.

stefan chuckled at the girl's reaction,"yeah, it's me. the mystery loner guy even if i'm in a football jersey''.

''okay, so what are you doing over here? aren't you supposed to be like practicing or going over some of the plays?" she asked looking up at him, in all honesty wondering why he's there with her.

''something like that'' the younger salvatore smiled at phoebe's attempts to understand football,''but, i wanted you to have this. it's kind of like a friendship necklace'' he pulled out a small wooden box from his back pocket, holding it out in front of him.

phoebe's eyes drifted down to the small box when stefan opened it revealing a beautiful gold round cut locket necklace with crescent round diamonds around it.

the teen gasped out softly at the sight of the beautiful piece of jewelry, going to take it, carefully,''oh, my god, it's beautiful'' she chuckled examining the necklace up-close before glancing up to stefan, who was already looking at him, with a bright smile on his lips.

''it's something that i've had forever, and, uh, i've never wanted to give it to just anyone until now. to someone i can really trust enough to call my best friend, i guess. that's you. i'd like for you to have it, if you're willing?" stefan asked really hoping she would say yes.

phoebe held a warm smile on her face, looking up at him,''of course. i'd be honored'' she chuckled, going to smell the necklace, getting a sort of rose smell from it,''is that rose that i smell?"

''no, it's, uh--it's an herb. it's nice, huh?''

''i absolutely love it'' the dawson girl smiled up at him,''help me put it on?'' she asked holding the necklace up.