𝘴𝘦𝘹𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘴 + 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

THE NEXT DAY

IT WAS the next day and phoebe was reluctantly at the sexy suds car wash fundraiser right behind the school, where students were in bikinis and trousers having a good time washing the townspeople's cars for money.

phoebe, however was wearing shorts and a thin sweater over the top half of her bikini, not reeling to take it off any time soon, since she wasn't planning on washing any cars, so caroline gave her and elena the job of manning the money.

''no friend discounts. no freebies. no pay ya laters. we are not running a charity here'' caroline explained the transition to her very compassionate friends.

''no we are not'' elena shook her head, agreeably.

phoebe also shook her head in agreement.

it didn't take for stefan to arrive, he smiled at his girlfriend and phoebe, seeing as he hasn't seen or spoken to her in a while,''hey''.

elena smiled in return up at stefan,''hey!''

phoebe just sent him a smile and a small wave, which he returned before elena rounded the table to stand in front of him, a smile plastered on her face with stefan rubbing her forearm affectionately.

''the event is called sexy suds, you know'' caroline scolded/judged the couple before walking away to tend to other tendencies.

''did we just get scolded?'' ''and judged?'' the two turned to phoebe with looks for confirmation.

the girl sent the couple a nod and pressed smile,''yeah, sorry, that's caroline for you'' she chuckled before the two went back to doing what couples do.

phoebe averted her eyes, not really wanting to see that, or for any matter, stefan.

she doesn't know what it is but she's just been distant lately from everyone.

it was weird and it didn't really make sense.

phoebe pushed the thoughts back and continued to search over everything in her eye view besides stefan and elena.

~~~~~~~~~~

caroline and phoebe were now the ones managing the money together when elena walked up to them,''hey, we're out of those towels and those shimmy things'' she inquired, taking a seat next to phoebe.

the forbes teen turned her head to the brunette giving her a affirmative nod,''i'll go get some more. you two, mind the money'' she looked between elena and phoebe, setting down the stack of money she was counting before standing and walking toward the school.

a couple of minutes went by, more people came and left.

the pair then got another person,''that'll be $20'' elena looked up to an elderly man, her eyebrows furrowing.

he suddenly looked familiar to her.

the man gave phoebe the twenty dollar bill while elena realized where she saw the man from,''i saw you last night. you were talking to a friend of mine, at the grill?''

phoebe looked between the two, settling her eyes on the man, realizing this must be the old guy elena was talking about, who somehow knew stefan.

"well, i-i thought it was somebody i knew'' the man reminisced, not sounding entirely certain.

''stefan salvatore'' elena recalled for the man.

"nah, it can't be. it's just my mind playing tricks on me'' he dismissed