Chapter 42 - Resolve

World Idol Festival...

A one-night event where Idols from all over Japan are gathered to perform on their own individual stages.

A whole day of performances, music, and passion is upon every fanatic out there tomorrow....

"I know it's like.... super early in the morning, and that I'm already working my butt off but..."

"If it's for something like this.... I can do it!!!"

As I was about to open the Storage room door, I bumped into one of the other staff members working with us.

"I'm sorry sir!! I wasn't looking!"

"Whoah there kid, you be careful. I know it's pretty dark out here, so I won't blame ya!"

It is kind of  dark in here but...what was that?

"Are you the bodyguard Ms. Mio hired? Can't say I've seen you around, nice to meet ya! HAHA"

He took my hands to shake them.

"Yes sir! Nice to meet you too!"

I replied anxiously.

I don't usually get to talk with other staff members even though I've been working here for quite a while... And I guess that should also be something I should strive to change for my own sake....

But what makes it difficult is how they see me...

I purposely go out of my way to avoid people just so they wouldn't think that I'd do them any harm...

"Are you gonna do inventory for lights and the smokes?"

"Yes sir, but it seems like the door is still locked..."

"Let me unlock that for ya.."

He then took out a handful of keys and opened the storage room door.

"Not every staff member gets these, so you must be pretty lucky to have bumped into me huh?"

"Thank you so much!"

"Alright then, I'll be on my way! There's still a lot of stuff for us to do, don't tire yourself too early!"

And he kind of just ran off.

There's someone else other than Aya and the others that weren't afraid when they first met me...

It calmed me down.

When I bumped into him, I was afraid that I might scare them off for no reason...

"I don't want to be the reason that people can't work at a time like this for this event...."

And after a short while, I went into the Storage Room to do my work.

---

I reported back to Ms. Mio shortly after I was done with checking inventory.

"That concludes my report Ms. Mio..."

"Good job. You actually finished a lot quicker than I thought. You should take a break and go get breakfast with Makoto."

Ms. Mio looks even more busier. Just the thought that I'd be taking a break while she's out here handling everything alone doesn't sit well with me...

"Are you sure you don't need anything else Ms. Mio? I can still move for a little while! Breakfast can wait!"

She then gave me a quick flick on my forehead.