Chapter 11 - Keeping ties

12 noon, in the school courtyard, having lunch with Hibiki. Something this normal hasn't happened for awhile... I wonder how the new job is affecting my daily lifestyle?

"You seem to be in deep thought" Hibiki said. He was eating the bento that his older sister prepared for him now that she came back from Australia.

"Not really, just glad that something this normal is happening right now" I replied.

Because of the job, I may have been hanging out less with Hibiki.

"You wanna hang out after school?" I asked him.

"Eh? You're asking me out huh???" Hibiki said. He gives it a few seconds of thought and decides to agree with it.

"You don't have work later?" Hibiki asked.

Since Aya and the other girls have school as well, I was given no orders by Ms. Mio. So I guess you could say that I don't have any work to do after school.

"Yeah, nothing for me to do after school" I replied.

Hibiki then scooted closer to me.

"What is this job of yours anyway? How come you haven't told me about it??" He asked.

He didn't have to make it seem like it's such a sketchy job.

But I guess he has a point..... I don't really know what to tell him. I can't just tell him that I'm working as a personal bodyguard for Maruyama Aya herself, nor should I probably tell him that I get to see the idol girl band that he loves on almost a daily basis.... But I feel like such a bad friend if I keep it a secret from him too... Ms. Mio didn't say anything about me having to need to keep it as a secret froms friends and family anyways.....

Hibiki slaps my back.

"There you go again, thinking too deeply. Don't mind it, I won't force it out of you~" Hibiki said.

This guy really knows me, can't believe he noticed that.

Lunch finishes and we head back to class.

We overheard a few students talking.

"Did you guys know about the upcoming Pasupare concert?! We should totally get tickets for it early!" They said.

Hmm... So that's why we'll be having a busy schedule soon. I'm just a bodyguard but maybe I should get notified about these things as well??

"No way.... They are?!?!" Hibiki says as he walks over to the students that were talking about it.

Welp, he does like Pasupare. Can't do much about that.

The rest of class went on smoothly for me.

As I was packing up, I called the attention of Hibiki.

"You ready to go?" I asked him.

"Yeah! I wanna get me some tickets to Pasupare's concert too! Let's get going!" Hibiki said.

And with that, we head out.

Firstly, we wanted to get the tickets for Pasupare's concert since Hibiki wants to go see it.

"Wait here while I go buy tickets" Hibiki said.

"Alright" I told him.

As he was about to run off, he turns and runs back to me.

"Do you want to see Pasupare live as well? We could totally get you a ticket as well!" Hibiki said.