Chapter 13 - Trust

Ms. Mio....

"I'll also be needing you to run a background check on his schedule, okay?" She said.

"You got it!" I replied back.

Those words echoed back to me while I was in class.

I can't focus, I can't get my mind out of the upcoming Pasupare event. I can't help but think that it'll be really fun.

Lunch starts, and I'm still glued to my seat. A receive a hard pat on the back, or should I call it a smack?

"Yo! Anon!" Hibiki appeared. Happiness is clearly written on his face right now. I guess the whole agenda yesterday got him so pumped up.

"Yeah? You seem very pumped up?" I replied to him as I take out my lunch.

"Duhh? Who wouldn't be?!" He said as he ecstatically grabbed the chair in front of mine and sat in front of my desk to eat lunch with me.
I guess it really was a good idea to pick Makoto for the job. I trust him and we are experienced to these kinds of things, so I didn't really have anyone else in mind to pick when Ms. Mio told me about it.

"We're gonna be with Pasupare on their concert! How can I not calm down?!" He added.
Flowers and Rainbows are in this guys head. Not gonna lie, but he should probably spend all of this adrenaline and excitement before the day of the event. Or else he wouldn't be able to stay calm and focused at the Meet and Greet.

"Perhaps you might want to pipe down before anyone else hears us" I told him off.
I didn't want people to feel envious and or start barraging us with questions and start to interrogate us like were escape convict criminals... Where the hell am I getting these ideas?

"You do have a point...." said Makoto.

We talked about the flow of the event and what we we're supposed to do at those particular times. All because I failed to inform him about it last time.

"But I gotta say... That was really good timing! I was in need to find a job cause I was running out of money for Pasupare concert tickets. I didn't think I didn't need to get any tickets just to see them this time!" Makoto energetically said.
Speaking off.... Didn't Ms. Mio asked about Makoto's schedule? I'm pretty sure she's prepared to give Makoto a permanent job at the studios... But what about him? Might as well ask.

"Hey Makoto, are you looking for a stable part time job?" I said. Even though part-time and stable don't go together in a statement. Probably?

"Yeah, I am. I forgot to tell you about it! You think you can hook me up? I haven't been able to do anything after school aside from Karate Practice!" Makoto said.
But isn't Karate practice important?

"I think I can hook you up with a job at Pasupare Studios even after the event. Will you come with me to the studio after school?" I asked him.
And a bright and excitement-filled smile came after I said that.

"You really mean that!? I totally will!" Makoto replied
Yeah, and I expected that reply.

So we headed to Pasupare Studios after school. 

We decided to drop by the girls on the studio, but there wasn't anyone there. Until Ms. Mio approached us from across the hall.

"Looking for the girls? Oh, and I see Makoto is here as well." Ms. Mio said as she walked up to us.

"We we're actually just dropping by here, but we we're on our way to your office." I replied.

"Shall we proceed then? I also assume you're here to talk about Makoto's position?" Ms. Mio said.
Read us like a book, but I'm glad I didn't assume wrong. If I did, then I'd probably panic at this point.

We continued our conversation inside Ms. Mio's office.

"So Makoto, about that position I'm planning on giving to you, it's really not that complicated if you think about it. As of now, we have one member who's working as PasuPare's official bodyguard, and that's Anon. We simply just thought that it would be better to have another member working with him. You know, just to be sure." I thought I would be alone on this job...Oh thank goodness.... "And don't worry, the schedule isn't so tight as to restrict you form your school works and or if you have any after school activities such as clubs. We would only notify the both of you whenever we need you." I swear... this job description is ever so slowly beginning to sound like a scam... "And we have benefits that might interest you~" Wait what? What benefits?
"What would these benefits be?" Makoto asked.
"Accepting this job would mean you would get to hang out with PasuPare almost all the time!" Ms. Mio said.
That's one way to bribe an absolute fan....
"I ACCEPT YOUR OFFER!" Makoto said.
"YOU'RE HIRED!" Ms. Mio replied
What the hell....

"I like people who agree's with me quickly. But really, thank you. Ever since that incident that our idol Maruyama Aya has been into, we we're afraid that she'd lose all hope on continuing on becoming an idol. But I'm glad she has you guys to trust. I honestly thought she'd grow to fear boys after that." Ms. Mio 

"Don't worry Ms. Mio, you can trust us!" Makoto said with a warm smile on his face.

"Alright then. Let's go and pay a visit to the girls. You seem to wanted to see them." Ms. Mio said.

"Wait, I thought they weren't in the studio?" I asked.

"That's because they have a pictorial going on right now." She mentioned.

"What a time to be alive!" Makoto rejoiced.

"Let's go, don't you want to see Aya Anon? It's a swimsuit pictorial after all~" Ms. Mio said.

I realized this today,

Ms. Mio is a dangerous woman....

- To be Continued -