Chapter 41 - Stubborn Early Bird

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Makoto asked me as soon as I arrive at the meeting place.

I yawn away my drowsiness in hopes to start this work filled day with vigor and determination. But that was nowhere near the truth...

"Not really... I was up last night rearranging my schedules for the next few weeks and thought about how I'm gonna get everything done by the end of the month..." I said as I slowly walk up to him.

Truth is I really was fixing my schedule. But what kept me up all night was reading.

I recently got into this online reading app called WheatPadd. I was reading a book called "Focus" written by Hershey.

It wasn't that great of a book, but it managed to keep me up until the break of dawn and I couldn't get any sleep.

It had just been finished writing a little while back too, so atleast I won't have to look forward to more chapters to keep me up all night!!!

Still!

Curse you Hershey!!!

Anyways....

Why are we here???

Me, Makoto, and Ms. Mio are out early to check out the venue for the World Idol Fes. This was supposed to be the day where the PasuPare team checks out the venue and fix what we have to fix and check out what we have to check out in order for the lightings and SFX that the other staff will be moving in later in the afternoon.

"Speaking of which... where is Ms. Mio...??" I asked Makoto.

I assumed he'd know since he was here before me. And I was also assuming that Ms. Mio would be a lot early than her subordinates.

Maybe I assumed wrong?

"I was here 15mins before you arrived but I didn't see Ms. Mio around..." He replied.

More importantly...

"Do you have any idea why we're waiting in front of the office? Do you think we should go inside and check her office if she's there?" I suggested.

But just before we could decide whether to go or not, Ms. Mio pulls up on us aboard her car.

"Sorry I was a little late. I had trouble with a few staff members." Ms. Mio said.

She does seem a bit troubled, has she been working all night?

"That's alright. We weren't here for too long." Makoto said.

"Then let's not waste time. Hop on back and let's get to the venue." She said.

.
.
.

Ms. Mio is a cool and quirky woman. My first impression of her was that she was a diligent and hardworking woman. But then I figured out that she can also take jokes and get along well with her colleagues and peers. But my image of her hardworking self still hasn't fade.

That's why I have been a bit worried that she may be overworking herself too much lately.

I've been asking for extra work to do lately, just to help out and lighten her load a little maybe.

.
.
.

We then arrive at the venue of the World Idol Fes.

And holy hell.

It is huge.

It's a large area with a huge stage. I can already see food stalls and a lot of other little shops being set up.

It's like a festival! I'm getting really hyped for this!

"Alright, listen up. I'm gonna need the both of you to run a little errand for me so we can finish up here quickly." Ms Mio said.

She took out a stack of papers and told us what we needed to do.

"Makoto, I need you to rush out to our PasuPare merchandise stand. Help them unload everything from the truck and please, set everything up as well. I gave you this task knowing you'll be able to put out all of the eye catching stuff and grab us a huge line for later!" Ms. Mio said.

"Stand back Anon! This is my battlefield! I'm off!" He said as he runs out.

What the heck was all that about...

"Anon! I need you to check inventory for lights and smokes. I also need you to check the backstage and check how many available rooms there are." She said.

"Would that be all?" I asked.

"Also..." She said.

I wait as to whatever it is she needs for me to do. At this moment, I don't really care how much work I do.

"What's up? Is something bothering you?" She asked me.

!!!

Huh? What? That should be my line!

"Eh? Well I.... I guess there is something I want to ask you..." I said.

"Well, spit it out." She said.

"Have you been overworking yourself lately? If it's okay, I really wouldn't mind if you give me more work to do..." I said.

Oh god that was embarassing to say....

But still....

"Your clan really never ceases to shock me... " She said.

"My what?" I asked.

"It's okay Anon. This is the nature of my job. I am always overworking myself. But I've never pushed myself to the point where I collapsed. In fact, it's been a lot easier since you two came in to help me out. Even though I somewhat recklessly hired you both, I didn't expect my work to be way easier than before.

I can't give you any more work than what you guys already have. You're still students, I can't overwork you. Plus, I'm already getting enough rest lately, so you don't have to worry about me. I do this job earnestly and properly for myself, for the girls, and most importantly... the fans.

I'm tired, but I'm happy!" Ms. Mio said to me with a dashing smile.

That was what woke me up that morning.

With her streadfast words, I was able to go on with my work without worry.

"Alright then! I'm off to do some work Ms. Mio!" I then left to start working my butt off.

.
.
.

"You both we're so stubborn when it comes to helping me out... You had to rub off some of that to your eh? You guys are really something..." Ms. Mio whispered into the wind as she looks at me from behind.

- To be Continued -