Chapter 43 - Compassion

"Isn't it ironic how we're getting convenience store food at 4 AM in the morning Anon?"

"How is this ironic???"

You're probably wondering what we're doing as of right now?

Well....

I took Makoto with me to go get breakfast at a nearby convenience store, and now we're...

"I'm amazed how they can prepare so much food in a small container... Humans are amazing..."

"Get your head out of the gutter and pick something to eat Makoto!"

We're struggling to pick convenience store food. Or rather, Makoto's struggling to pick which convenience store food to get.

"C'mon!! They all look so good yet kind of a let down!! How could I possibly take 5 minutes to pick from all of these?"

"I don't care!! It's freezing here! Hurry up!"

"Now that you've mentioned it... it is rather unusually cold in here..."

"Anyhow Anon, is that all you're gonna get? A Yakisoba bread and Matcha tea??"

"I don't want to eat too much and slow down later... We have to keep up the great work!"

"You do remember that we still have to get back home in a few hours right? We still have school today."

That's right. We left super early in the morning to help out with setting things up for tomorrow.

But it is still a Friday, meaning we still have school later on.

We're supposed to go back home before school starts just so we don't miss it.

"I know that... I'll eat this less so that I won't sleep in class later!"

"Ahhh... you might be right on that one..."

---

He ended up getting the same thing I'm getting. We then head outside to eat in front of the store.

"You can see the event area from all the say here huh..."

"Yeah... looking at it from all the way here makes it feel like we're people in charge of setting up the event...."

"Anon... we are people in charge of setting up the event..."

"Oh yeah..."

It all feels surreal.

Being a day early to a big event when everyone is still setting things up, makes you feel like you're actually part of something big.

There's barely any people out here too, everyone else is either in the comfort of their homes or inside the event area where everything's busy.

"Whoah, hold on Anon, I've got to take this call real quick."

"Sure thing man."

At the same time, my phone rang. Someone was calling.

"Hello Aya? What are you doing up so early?"

"Sorry, I know you're probably busy... I just wanted to hear your voice..."

"That's okay... I wanted to hear yours too..."