Chapter 19 - New Look

"I'm in love with Aya."

Was the words that came out of me after being quiet for a brief moment. It didn't come to me as a shock, but I didn't expect to say it to Makoto out loud. I wonder what he thinks about it?

"I knew." Makoto said.

At that single moment, he looked and sounded really mature and cool.

But what the heck. What does he mean by he knew?

"I've been noticing it for a while now. Your face light's up whenever you'd look at Aya-san" he added that.

Was it thay obvious?! Man, I must've looked like a creep when looking at Aya!

"What do you think?" I had to ask him that. I was really unsure on how things would go. Sure, Aya accepts me for who I am and doesn't see me as someone menacing with eye's like these.

I was thankful for just that. Just that used to be enough for me. But now, I don't want to see Aya make that trembling face again. I want to protect that vibrant personality so much!

"Why not?" He says.

What do you mean by why not??

"If you think Aya-san would reject you for a stupid reason, then you're better off dropping your feelings for her. You need to have a more firm resolve on this." He added.

He does have a point....

"I don't think Aya-san hates you, nor do I think Aya-san is afraid of you. If you want her to like you, then you should prove it and go tell that to her face" He added once more.

I don't think I've ever heard Makoto talk like this before.... I'm actually quite surprised.

I mean... He's not a bad person, but I never thought that he can be like this.

"So when are you confessing to her?" Makoto asked.

"Like I can confess that fast!!" I genuinely can't!!!

Even with the girls that I liked before, it ended up with me not telling them how I felt because I knew they'd be afraid of me anyways.

.
.
.

While we were having this conversation, I haven't really had a proper look at myself. I've only been staring at my feet and would occasionally take glances at Makoto. Why you ask? It's cause I'm kind of anxious on how my look is gonna turn out...

I haven't got a clue. Even Makoto isn't looking at me. Is it because I look even scarier?!

"Sir? Are you not going to take a look at how you look??" The hairdresser asked me.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit nervous..." I replied to her question.

"He's uhh... Had problems because his glares would scare people off." Makoto added.

Why would you tell her that?!

"Well... You did give me a little chill when you entered... But I promise you! I'll turn you into a lady killer! We'll use those glares of yours as a secret weapon!!!" My hairdresser is suddenly burning with determination?!?!

"Now sir! Right this way! Let's commence phase 2!!!!" This chair had wheels on them?!?!?!

.
.
.

An hour later, my suit was given to me by the hairdresser.

"Are you done Anon? Get the suit on, we're called to head to the studio as soon as we can. I have no idea why though." Makoto said from the other side of the door.

You see.... An hour ago, I was taken to a special room by my hairdresser and she worked on my hair and my face a little. Funny thing is that this room had no mirrors that she could use. I wonder why?

I wore the suit, and I stepped outside.

.
.
.

As soon as I step out of the room, all of the employee's turned their heads towards me. Even Makoto is rather speechless. What the hell is going on??

"Uh... Do I look okay?" I asked them.

"Holy shi-" Makoto said.

"Here sir, take a look at yourself with this mirror!" Said my hairdresser.

She hands me the mirror, and I take a look at myself after an hour of a makeover and....

WHAT THE FU-

WHO AM I?!?!

My eyes aren't scary, my glare is gone, my.... My hair is so different!!

"Anon, you're hot." Makoto exclaims.

"Isn't there a better way for you to phrase that?!" I replied.

"The mean glare that you gave off earlier is gone! I've transformed that look into hot and seductive mean glare! I'd call this a masterpiece!!" Said my hairdresser who seems to be breathing heavily for me.

Did I really got that great of a glow up???

"You look a lot more presentable and cool Anon! Have some confidence for yourself!" Makoto said to cheer me up.

"Thanks Makoto, you look great as well. That suit looks good on you" I complimented him in return.

Now that I've realized....

"Excuse me, what's your name?" I asked my hairdresser.

"Arina! I'm Arina at your service!" She responded.

Seeing as Arina-san gave it her all to make me look great, I gave her a pat on the head. Yeah, she's shorter than both me and Makoto, and the rest of the other employee's.

"Thank you for giving it your all to make me look great Arina-san!" I genuinely thanked her.

Arina got flustered from that. It was a direct hit.

"Way to land the kill Anon." Makoto said.

"Ehhh?!" Ehhh?!

"Arina is actually the youngest here. She's only 18, but she's one of the best hairdressers here in our shop." Makoto's hairdresser told me.

Ohh I see... That's actually pretty great. She has talent. Because of her, I think I can be a bit more confident about the way I look! And maybe I can be a bit more comfortable when approaching people now!

"I'll come back for you Arina-san! I hope you don't mind fixing and cutting my hair for me from now on!" I told her that.

"I-I'll be looking forward to it sir! And I won't disappoint you!" Arina replied.

.
.
.

"Now that we're all set for tonight's event, shall we head to PasuPare Studios?" Makoto asked.

Am I ready to be seen by the other girls? And especially.....Aya? I wonder how she'll react? I wonder what would her opinion of my new look would be? Will she like it???

"Yeah, let's go" I replied.

- To be Continued -