Chapter 37 - Do Tell

I had recently found out that Ms. Mio knows both my mother and my father personally.

I'll let you in on a little something.

Apparently, my parents and Ms. Mio used to go to the same school back when they were highschool students.

Ms. Mio used to be quite the troublemaker back then when she was in her 2nd year. My parents told me this, My mom and my dad were 3rd years at the time.

Ms. Mio would get into all sorts of trouble and would often get suspended. Although she did sometimes skip school a lot.

But she wouldn't skip or get out of school just to mess around and have fun.

She was apparently a working student. She would skip school to take over shifts for other people. And she would get suspended on purpose just so she could have an excuse to work extra shifts.

My parents were aware of this, so they helped her pass her exams and rise up a grade in respect to her hard work.

"But why we're you working while you were in school Ms. Mio? Did you really need the money that much?" I asked.

Around this time, me and my family alongside Ms. Mio and Aya are chatting.

"Well... I had a lot of things I wanted back then. And I didn't really want to be a burden to my parents, so I worked hard to get the things I wanted!" She replied with a cheeky smile.

"I'm still surprised how the school didn't catch you working as a student. If they did, they've probably forbade you from doing so." My mom said.

"Ah, the student council president at the time asked me this, and all I said was that she was busy taking care of her ill grandmother. After that, she was moved to tears and never bugged us about it!" My father said.

"Eh?! That's why she was suddenly super nice to me and kept giving me snacks to take home...." Ms. Mio said.

"But hey!!! How dare you!!! My grandmother is as active as you both are! And she's in tip top shape!" Ms. Mio added.

But yes,

My parents pretty much helped Ms. Mio graduate and that's why I am able to work under her now.

But enough of that...

Aya has been feeling left out for awhile now.

.
.
.

As soon as Aya came in and got shocked that my parents were right in front of her, they just continued chatting?!

What kind of treatment was that??

And so I purposely sat beside Aya so that she can feel a little bit more calmer.

Also, does she have anything else she needs here? She probably could've just left a while ago but.... She's still here. Trying to get along with everyone.

"By the way, let me introduce you. This is one of my talents! Aya, please introduce yourself~" Ms. Mio said.

About time...

"Y-Yes! Always vibrant with shining colors! I'm Maruyama Aya! It's nice to meet you!" Aya introduced herself.

Oh! Way to go Aya! You didn't stutter!

On second thought, she doesn't really stutter when it comes to her catchphrase or her introduction...

But still!

"Were Anon-kun's parents! And were both huge fans of your's and Pasupare! It's a pleasure to meet you!" My mother said.

Way to go Mom!

"Aya-chan! Can I please have your autograph?! Can you sign here, here, here, and here?!" My father said as he brings out his Pasupare merchandise.

Dad what the heck!

"Okay now! Let's slow down! This is an afternoon chat! Not a fan signing Dad!" I said as I tried to intercept his attacks.

That was close...

"Anon, it's okay! I'll gladly sign!" Aya said.

"It's okay Aya! My Dad can be a little too much sometimes! No need to force yourself!" I said.

"Not at all! They support me so much! It's the least I can do to give back!" Aya said.

We kept going back and forth for quite some time.

.
.
.

"Hey son, tell me again what your job is here?" My father asked me.

"Well I uhh... I'm a private guard for Pasupare alongside Makoto." I said.

"I see.... That's strange..." My dad said.

"What's so strange Dad?" I asked him.

"You're a bodyguard yet... You're both addressing each other with your first name." My Dad replied.

AHHH!!! I did not notice that!

"Well I uhhh! Y-You see...." I was panicking.

"Geez Anon, you didn't tell them this too?" Ms. Mio said.

"Tell us what?" My Mom asked.

Wait! Ms. Mio NOOOO!!!!

"Your son is Dating Aya." Ms. Mio stated.

Ah.

.
.
.

"Is this true son?" My father asked.

I guess I have no choice but to tell them...

"Yes... I'm in love with Aya! And I'm glad to be dating her right now!" I said. Boldly.

Aya gets flustered. She suddenly can't look me or my parents in the eye.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" My mother asked.

"I'm sorry... It all happened so fast... It still feels unreal to me.... But I did plan on telling you! I didn't want to keep this forever! Not that I can anyways..." I said.

Ms. Mio then stands up.

"You son saved Aya a while back. She was walking home at night when she was attacked by an obsessed fan. Luckily your son was there to take care of the situation.

We're clearly indebted to him, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him after all. That's why, allow me to thank you again! For saving Aya!" Ms. Mio said.

"I see...." My father exclaimed.

"Sorry Dad... If I had to hide it from you guys for a while..." I said.

My dad then stood up and gave me a hug.

"You don't have to apologize. These people are here today because of you. You should be more proud of yourself! You did great son! And I'm happy for you!" He said.

I guess..... He's right.

I'm just glad that I got to meet Aya and were now super close to each other.

I never would've ever thought that I'd fall for her, nor would she fall for me too.

I guess I'm just...lucky?

But,

I'm glad Aya is safe.

.
.
.

My dad let go of me and looked at Aya.

"Aya-san!" He said.

"Y-Yes?!" Aya got startled.

"Please, take care of our son!" Both my Mom and my Dad said.

Aya then gave them a smile filled with an outstanding amount of assurance.

"I will! Thank you for trusting me! I won't fail!" Aya said.

She smiled. And that brightened up the entire room.

- To be Continued -