Chapter 46 - Hidden Relationships

"Mr. Anon and Mr. Makoto, would you two please come to the teacher's office?" Our homeroom teacher had walked into the room to call us.

Now this is actually scary. I've never been called to the teacher's office before...

"Did you do something?" Makoto asked me with a straight face.

"What?! I should be asking you that!" I replied to him.

We then head to the teacher's office where a familiar face is waiting for us.

.
.
.

"So.... what's going on here....Ms. Mio?" I ask.

Ms. Mio is standing beside our homeroom teacher Takeru sensei.

"Are we in trouble?" Makoto asked.

"It's nothing that serious. Actually, it kind of is...." Takeru sensei said.

Takeru sensei is a pretty young homeroom teacher. And because of that he kind of has this close relationship with his students as if he's around our age.

"I've gotten permission for you guys to go home early today. I need you two for stage rehearsal!" Ms. Mio said.

Since the event starts in a few hours, every unit and their respective teams and management are doing stage rehearsals to make sure that everything runs smoothly to ensure nothing goes wrong later.

"That makes sense...." I replied.

"So your little helpers just so happened to be my students here...." Takeru sensei sighed.

"Sorry! I didn't tell you! But it should be fine right?!" Ms. Mio replied.

What's this all about?

"As long as you can promise me that you're not over exhausting them... then I'll leave them in your care." Takeru sensei added.

"Sensei... you're so cool..." Makoto commented.

"I promise you, I won't! I take good care of these two knuckleheads!" Ms. Mio was so proud when saying that. I'm not sure how to take that.

"Can you promise me one more thing?" Takeru sensei asked.

"Sure, what is it?" Ms. Mio asked.

The way these two talk to each other... no formalities and honorifics whatsoever... are they classmates? friends??? how come they seem like they're so close and comfortable with each other???

"Will you promise to eat dinner with me tonight? It doesn't matter how long I have to wait for you to get home, I just want to eat dinner with you..." Takeru sensei said.

"Eh?" Both me and Makoto were surprised by what our homeroom teacher said to our boss.

Ms. Mio sent a knuckle running down on my sensei's head without hesitation.

"Idiot!! These two don't know about that yet!!! Show off!!!" Ms. Mio said.

Wait...does that mean...

"Ouch! It's fine isn't it?! It's payback for keeping quiet...." Takeru sensei replied.

"Fine! I get it!.... I'll be sure to get home as early as possible...." Ms. Mio replied.

Takeru sensei immediately signs our gate passes and permits us to finally leave the school grounds.

"Have a safe trip, and I hope the event goes well." Takeru sensei says as he hands our paper to Ms. Mio.