Chapter 18 - Preparations

Both participants take a step forward and bow to show each other's respect. We both take our stances, looking at each other with the intent to win as fast as possible. Once the referee gives the signal, our fists starts to clash.

We exchange blows that we're both blocked and dodged. As expected, my opponent is good, and he's probably faster than me with his fists. But I can't let up, I have to match his speed.

As the fight continues, we slowly started going near the limits of both our stamina.

"You're good, I'll tell you that" is what I told him as we draw backwards from each other.

"Aya's first kiss is mine!" Is what my opponent replied to me.

Huh?

What????

Spaced out, I receive a blow to my stomach and dropped down.

.
.
.
.
.

"HEY ANON!" Makoto was apparently screaming at me already.

Ah, I was spacing out.

"What the hell have you been staring at?? School's off early today, let's get going!" Makoto said.

He seems..... excited for some reason.

"Wait, where are we going???" I asked him.

"Ms. Mio asked me to drag you along. We're gonna pick up our suits for tonights event!" Makoto said.

Wait what? Suits? Made for us??

"How come I didn't know of this? Anything else she asked us to do?" I asked him another question.

I have a feeling that these are not errands, but more of.... treats for us.

Makoto pulled out to tickets from his bag and showed it to me.

"We also received 2 tickets for a hair appointment that starts in 3 hours! Sponsored by Ms. Mio of course! How crazy is that?!" Makoto said.

Honestly....

"Then I guess we've got to go..." I exclaimed as I get my stuff and prepared to leave.

Come to think of it.... I've never been to any sort of salon before. I always thought that salons we're exclusive to girls and women. But I guess even men can go their if they really want to get their hairstyle all prettied up.

But.... Will that make much difference to me?

.
.
.

We arrive on the biggest mall near Pasupare Studios. There's loads of people here even on a weekday huh?

"So, for our first agenda, we go and check out if our suits are ready. It's on the floor above us." Makoto said.

"Shouldn't we save that for last? I mean.... We wouldn't want to carry suits on us while we go to the salon or when we would want to eat right?" I suggested. It's a bother after all.

"Ah don't worry, we'll just be checking up on them and trying them out. So if we we're to ask for alterations, they can do it for us right away. Of course, we'll pick em up on the way out before we leave." Makoto replied sounding like a total professional.

I'm actually quite amazed by how he planed these things.

"Wow Makoto, you know your stuff huh?" I complimented him. I guess even I can compliment him from time to time.

"For now, let's go and check up on those suits." Makoto said.

We get to the place that made the suits for us and tried it on. Naturally, It's okay on me. But my eyes make me look like some sort of right-hand man of a mafia boss....