28) Why Him?

I wake up to the sounds of two or more people trying to be silent while arguing.

So it's like whispers getting thrown at each other creating a very annoying sound.

"Shut up" i complain to whoever are arguing.

"I'm trying to sleep!" I say.

"Sorry Billie" i hear someone say that looks like mom's voice.

"We shouldn't tell her yet! It'll break her! She just got back from that hospital and literally had a miscarriage YESTERDAY! She deserves to have a break!" I hear someone whisper yell as i start to pay attention to what they're saying.

"It's better if she hears it now so she won't find out via the internet, and if she won't find out like that maybe she'd hear it somewhere else, he's famous! People are gonna talk about it!" The other person said.

"But she deserves a break! Or else she might go right back into that damn hospital!" The other one said.

"If she hears it now she'll break now. Not when she's doing a little better and break then. Believe me, I'm her mother, it's better that she knows now" apparently my mother said.

"And I'm her... idk what we are but I'm also close to her. She deserves a break" I'm guessing drew said.

"What do i need to know?" I asked grumpy.

Now i need to know!

"Uh nothing" drew said.

"Billie, sit up please" mom asked and i did as told.

"No we are not saying it!" Drew said as she stopped mom from talking just in time.

"You won't! I will! She needs to know, period" mom said to drew.

"Ugh fine, but if she breaks it ain't my fault" she said and mom nodded.

Drew walked towards me and sat next to me with her arms around me.

"Why?" I asked her about her arms.

"So you know you're safe in my arms and that I'm here for you" she said.

"Okay what the fuck is going on? Just fucking tell me!" I said frustrated.

"Billie, XXXTENTACION died yesterday night. He was killed, I'm sorry" mom said.

I sat there in shock not wanting to believe it.

"No, that's not true, i texted him last night" i said trying to make up excuses to prove she's lying.

Although this wasn't a lie, i really did text him.

"He was in his car, probably on his way home, when 2 or 3 robbers came to his car and shot him. It's the truth, I'm sorry" she said.

"No! NO! NO" i cried out.

Drew held her arms around me tighter and i hugged her back.

"NOOOO" i cried out again.

"THIS CANT BE HAPPENING" i screamed.

"Sorry billie" mom said.

"SHUT UP" i cried.

"YOURE LYING" i cried.

"I wish i was, but unfortunately I'm not" she said.

I couldn't breathe anymore so drew grabbed my inhaler and let me take a few puffs.

I continued crying though. He was one of my best friends.

He always knew what to say when i wasn't feeling good.