2) Writing Our Song

"Thank you, i'm Billie" she said with a nervous laugh. I nodded towards her and looked back to our teacher.

"Today's assignment is... create a song together about a movie. You have 1 month to work on it. Now that billie is here we can do pairs of two, so i'm gonna team you up and good luck" she said as she clapped in her hands once.

"Alright, Sara you're with Lilly. Jacob you're with Amber. Drew you're with Billie, looks like you two will get along with each other well" she said while smiling as she continued to team everyone up.

"Today's lesson ya'll can use by getting to know each other better if you want and you have to choose a movie that your song is based off so i can write your choices down" the teacher told us.

Since billie and i were already sitting next to each other we could immediately start working.

"Real random this, but are you homeschooled too?" billie asked. "Yes, actually i am, not many people are tho" i said starting a conversation. "I know right!" billie agreed with me as we started laughing. "Who's your best friend?" i asked her out of curiosity. "It's Zoe, we met when we were 4 or 5" billie answered.

We talked a little more and after a while we decided to actually work. "What movie should we do?" i asked. "Why not about a zombie apocalypse, inspired by The Walking Dead?" billie suggested.

"What's The Walking Dead?" i asked not knowing what she meant. "It's a series on Netflix. It's 16+ but my brother's 13 so he watches it sometimes with my parents and i sneak in and join them sometimes" billie explained while laughing. "Ahh so you're a little devil" i laughed. "yup" she said.

"I say, let's do it!" i agreed with her idea. We walked to our teacher and told her our idea, it took some time but eventually she let us do it, not because it's a 'bad' idea but because The Walking Dead is for kids of 16 years old and older and we're only 9.

The lesson was dismissed eventually. "Can i come with you to your house to work on our project?" i asked her. "Of course, that's gonna be hella fun!" she exclaimed.

Luckily it's Tuesday so my dad would pick me up and not my mom. My dad wouldn't mind if i go with billie to her house but my mom would if she would've came to get me.

"Heyy dad, this is billie. billie, this is my dad" i introduced them as billie and i arrived at my dad's car. "hello sweatheart. i see you finally made friends" he said and i nodded.

"If you don't mind, sir, Drew and i were about to go to my house to work on our new project" billie said friendly to my dad. "That's great, have fun you two. Can you give me your address so i know where to pick my daughter up?" he asked billie. "My mom will bring her home, sir. Don't worry, i'll take good care of your daughter. I promise" billie said. My dad nodded then gave me a kiss on my cheek and i left with billie to go to her mother's car.

"Billie! How was it? How'd it go? Tell me everything" a older woman said excitedly. "Oh! Who's this?" the woman asked as she noticed i am here as well. "Mom, this is Drew, my new friend. Drew this is my mom, Maggie" billie introduced me to her mom. She just said i'm her new friend, that's so cute.

We drove to her house and she surprisingly lives very close to my house. She lives in a small but very cozy house. "Sorry, we're not very rich" billie said with a sigh as she noticed i was checking her house out.

"Don't worry, your house is so cute and cozy, i absolutely love it" i said to reassure her. She smiled and let me in. She walked to her bedroom and i followed her. "You remember Zoe, right?" billie asked. I nodded. "Well she's gonna come over in a little as well, maybe if you two get along we could be best friends like a trio" she said excited. "I would love that" i said.