3) Fingers Crossed

"Goodnight billie" i said back and fell asleep peacefully.

~ the next morning ~

Billie's mom woke us up. We didn't do much today, we just did what every 9-year-olds would do.

~ 2 weeks later ~

It is morning. Tuesday morning. Choir is in 3 hours, and i'm a little nervous. Today billie and i have to perform our song to the choir for the first time, after that we need to let them hear the studio version as well.

Billie says it's gonna be fine and i shouln't worry so much. 'Let's listen to billie' is what i thought to myself.

~ at the choir ~

Jacob and Amber are singing their song right now and they sound amazing which makes me even more nervous.

"Don't be so nervous, drew. They're gonna be jealous at how good you are in singing and at how good our song is" billie said which actually made me relieve some anxiousness.

There are no parents yet, today is just performing for the choir itself. We have to perform this for our parents some other time, but not today.

Everyone started clapping so i obviously joined them. Apparently Jacob and Amber were done which meant its now billie and i's turn.

"Our songs is about a zombie apocalypse, inspired by The Walking Dead" billie informed everybody.

Luckily it was first billie's turn to sing, so i have a little peace in that. The music of our song began and billie started singing with her angel voice.

"In the end, when they're all gone" she started. God, i love her voice so much, if anyone can sing ridiculously good, then it's billie!

"When the world is silent and the days are long"

"Just you and i, we'll be alive"

"We made it on our own"

"'Cause everybody makes it 'till they don't"

"And everybody wants to think they won't"

"'Cause everybody makes it 'till they don't"

"And everybody seems to think they won't"

Now it's my turn to sing. I look at billie and she gave me a reassuring smile.

"Baby, i'm still alive but my heart's beating slow" i started.

"Baby, tell me i gotta know" this isn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be. It's actually really fun!

"Are you okay? You seem too far gone"

"Infected, standing there all alone"

"'Cause everybody makes it 'till they don't"

"And everybody wants to think they won't"

"And everybody makes it 'till they don't"

"And everybody seems to think they won't" man, i love singing!

Billie's turn again. "The best of me, the best of me is you"

My turn now. "The best of me, the best of me was you"

Now billie and i are doing the end harmonies together and our song ends.

"That was our song, and this our studio version" i said as the studio version began playing. Billie and i sat back down and when the studio version ended everyone started clapping.