13) Court pt. 1

"Oh come on, tell me! No one tells me anything!" Billie complained as finneas and i continued to stay silent. Finneas and i looked at each other and immediately started to burst out of laughter again.

"If you tell me what you were staring at me for when i came back from the bathroom" i demanded.

"Sure, i was just thinking how cute you were when your face was red like a tomato of embarrassment" she said. "Heyy! That wasn't cute at all!" I said.

Billie started laughing softly. "Now what were you two laughing about?" She asked serious.

"We just called each other funny names and we both lost control and started laughing" i said as i tried to explain what happened without mentioning that i have a crush on her.

"Okay okay, if i have to believe you" she rolled her eyes playfully.

I let out a shaky breath. "You okay?" Billie asked. "Yeah, just nervous." I said sad.

"Why? What are you nervous about?" Finneas asked.

"Well even if my parents do go to jail, who is gonna take care of Roxy and Alena, because Alena can't take care of Roxy without being an adult, that's against the law" i said worried.

"Don't worry about that, we can talk to your grandparents? We can make a deal with them if needed" Maggie said as she apparently heard me.

'Yeah okay. Don't worry' i said to myself. Of course i'm gonna worry, it's my baby sister we're talking about. She's only 2 years old for god's sake.

Soon after it was 11PM so we all decided to go to bed as we need to be well-rested at court tomorrow.

As we were done with everything and were laying in bed i turned around to face billie. "Are you okay though? You've had a hard night" i said making sure she's alright.

"Yeah I'm okay now, I've had you by my side so I'll be fine" she said. "Will you be okay for the night though? 'Cause if not then I'll stay awake with you" i said to her.

"No really I'm okay enough. It hurt in the beginning but now I'm doing a bit better, the writing helped a lot" she said.

"Glad to hear that" i said.

"Goodnight!! Sleep well. If there's anything, just wake me up, okay?" I said to her as well.

"Yeah, will do. Thank you, you too. Goodnight" she said back. We gave each other a hug and went to sleep.

The next morning i woke up around 9AM immediately feeling tight up in my throat of the nervousness.

Billie was on her phone next to me and she saw it too.

"I'll get you a glass of water" she said as she walked to the kitchen. A little later she came back with the glass of water. "Thank you" i said as i drank the water.

"Goodmorning" i said after a while. My throat feeling a little better. "Goodmorning! Don't worry, it'll be alright, really" she said as she already knew what was going on.

"I'm sorry, this is a bit extreme to how i react to this shit" i apologized.

"Don't apologize, you're traumatized by them, and having the thought of having to see them again while trying to put them in jail must be a hard thought to have in mind. I understand your concerns, but really, it's gonna be all fine, okay? Say it after me..." she said as she wanted me to say it together with her; "it's gonna be alright".

After i said that i did feel a little bit better. We ate breakfast and got dressed. Before i got dressed i decided to take a quick shower. When i came back in the room i was alone since billie probably went to the living room.