Chapter 43 ~ Legend says he had a lover.

~Dream's POV~

"I still can't believe it's been you this whole time." That makes the two of us. We're making our way back to the room when she abruptly stops in her tracks. I turn to look at her, following her gaze to where she's looking at.

My eyes fall onto the library door. I look back at her worried. "What's wrong?" I ask, panicked. Her skin is pale, and she's shaken up. Is she in shock? "Y/n, what's wrong?" I ask, raising my voice a little more, but nothing.

She continues to stare at the door, as her chest begins to rise up and down rapidly. Is she having a panic attack? "Y/n." I call out her name, grabbing her hand to pull her away from her trance, but nothing. "Y/n, please tell me what's wrong." I shake her shoulder.

Her eyes begin to water. Her hand is cold, and it's almost as if she can't move. I wrap my arm around her shoulder, forcing her to walk away from the library door, though I still can't figure out why she reacted like that.

She's shaken up in my arms, her breath shuddering. I guide her back to my room, sitting her on the bed as soon as we arrive, but she still hasn't said a word. Her shoulders rise up and down unsteadily as she breathes through her teeth.

I grab a water bottle from my desk, unscrewing the cap, before bringing it up to her mouth. "Drink." I whisper quietly. It's all my voice will give out. Maybe I'm shaken up too. She downs the water bottle, slowly steadying her breath.

I sit next to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders, holding her against me. "You're okay, Y/n." I whisper quietly, holding one of her hands, gently rubbing my thumb over it. "Everything is going to be okay."

I can feel her begin to slowly calm in my arms, but I still can't help but think about why that happened. "I- I don't want to go back there." She spits out, her voice still panicky. She's scared. "It's okay, we don't have to anymore." I tell her, reassuringly.

We only passed by the library, but she's acting as if we went in. Maybe I was wrong. She isn't scared. She's terrified. I hold her tighter, reassuring her that she's safe, even though I'm not so sure myself.

"W- Who was he?" She asks me, still shaken up. "What do you mean?" I ask, as I slowly change our positions so that we're laying instead of sitting. "The man who killed me. Why does he look exactly like you?" I'm surprised she wants to talk about this.

I take a deep breath, not so sure if I'm ready to talk about it myself. "Do you want me to be honest?" She nods. "I don't know." I breathe out, knowing I can't give her a positive answer. "He's a God, but no one actually knows who he is or where he came from."

I feel her stiffen at the word God. "Some say he's my father." Just like me, there's a lot of rumors about DreamXD. "But isn't your father dead?" I scoff at that. "Some people don't know that. They're only myths." I rub her shoulder, still holding her hand in mine.

It's quiet. Neither one of us talking, as silence begins to fill the room. It's peaceful, and if only it could stay like that. I close my eyes, taking in deep breaths myself. When I saw her face, I couldn't help, but feel my chest tighten up when I thought she'd seen a ghost.

She's quite tense. If only I could hold her forever. "You were trying to bring me back, weren't you?" She asks. That makes me smile. And although I can't see it, I can tell that she's smiling too. "It's not funny, I thought you were gone." I try to hold in a chuckle.

I feel her shift in my arms, turning on her stomach so that her chin is resting on my chest. "I can't believe you used me to bring someone back from the dead. Which also happens to be me." I open my eyes to look at her staring right at me.