Chapter 34 ~ Meat dress.

~Dream's POV~

"Am I meant to be spinning like this?" She asks and closes her eyes, letting herself fall into my arms, leaving me with no choice, but to let her put most of her weight onto my side, as I assist her up the flight of stairs.

She's wasted, and will most likely wake up with a hangover tomorrow morning. "No, you're just really drunk." She hums in response, leaning forward as soon as we reach the last step only to fall onto the ground purposefully.

She lays there for a few moments with her head turned away from me. "Come on, we're almost there." I tell her, but she just shakes her head like a kid. "It's just down the hall, dummy." I try to talk her out of it.

She shakes her head again and groans in frustration now look up at me. "But I like it here." She mumbles, grinning. I sigh, and bend down to her level. "You can't stay on the floor forever, sweetheart." I tell her quietly, brushing a part of her hair behind her ear.

"Come on." I say, slowly lifting her head, picking her up bridal style. I walk across the hall, trying to go as quick as I can, knowing she could fall out of my arms at any moment. Her ballgown makes her shift around, and she only makes it harder when she decides to twist in my arms.

"If you keep moving like that, I might drop you." I let her know, and she snakes her arms around the back of my neck, allowing for it to hand loosely. "You would never drop me." Her voice is muffled when she decides to talk into my chest, and she's right. I would never drop her.

I push the door open with my foot, laying her on the bed as soon as we're in. She stirs, mumbling some things I don't quite understand, but I stay there for a while, watching her like a creep, and I'm grateful that I do, because what she does next is way out of line.

"Everything itches." She lifts her hand up to her face, reaching for her mask, but it isn't before I bring myself to stop her, putting my hand on hers. It's the third time she's done that tonight. "Don't do that." I say, chuckling, as she tries to release her hand from mine.

"You'll regret it tomorrow." I tell her, sitting on the edge of the bed and she finally stops struggling. "Just go to sleep, yeah?" She nods, her eyes shut, as she lays on her side to face me. I bring my hand up, pushing her hair back from her forehead, planting a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"I'll take care of you in a bit." I whisper, but I doubt she's even still awake. I push myself off the bed, walking towards my closet, I loosen my tie, and unbutton the top few buttons of my shirt, grabbing the first pair of sweats I see, before making my way to the bathroom, locking it behind me.

My bedroom is fairly small. Making my bathroom even smaller. But I have no regrets. I chose the smallest room in hopes that I'd get more privacy than I already need. Because not only is it small, but it's away and secluded from all the other rooms in the left wing of the castle.

I lean on the bathroom wall, staring at my reflection. My head hurts like a thousand migraines at once. Not that I know what that feels like, but I assume this is how it would feel. Like a billion thoughts pounding at my head all at the same time.

I walk forward, aimlessly, gripping onto the bathroom sink, and letting my head fall in between my shoulders, not wanting to look at myself right now. I hate this. I hate to know that it's been 10 years since I last saw myself without a mask.

I wonder how I look now. I can barely remember how I looked like as a child, but I'd rather have it that way. I don't want to see what that scar on my face has become. Hopefully not a monster itself.

I change into just my sweats, throwing my suit into my tub for me to deal with tomorrow as I make my way out of the bathroom. My eyes land on the sleeping girl on my bed.