Chapter 5 ~ Maybe I am the monster.

<<Flashback to the day after Y/n left her village in Dream's POV>>

2 nights ago, she was acting quite different. Almost as if her head was full of thoughts. After she ran away, I didn't bother chasing further more, but left instead.

Yesterday morning, during sunrise I went back to the forest, like I normally do and there was no sight of Y/n. Everyone else was there and everybody seemed unbothered by the fact she wasn't around. Although they did seem pretty tired.

And to my surprise, she never even came last night. I waited for hours, to the point midnight struck.  She never missed a day, but I guess she did now. I didn't know what I was thinking and why I expected her to come, even if there was no sight of her in the village.

Today, I was going to ask Wilbur and the rest about it. She could be severely sick, but I don't think she'd let that stop her from seeing me.

It was about midday, which meant everyone would be by the community well. I only ever visited the village once before when my father got killed after he killed Y/n's parents, it was a pretty horrific experience if I say so myself.

And I was scared to go back there again, thinking they'd do the same to me. But nothing was stopping me from knowing that they're a lot more terrified of me. So, as I enter the village, hood up and armed with an iron axe, I walked in.

I didn't think of the golems, but as I see 1 charge for me, I begin swinging my axe. I can feel everybody's eyes pierce through my skin, as they watch me fight a supernatural creature made of iron that is 2 times the size of me.

"Stop!" I hear someone yell. Someone very familiar. Someone like Wilbur. "Get back! Who are you?!" He screams out, as the iron golem begins backing away. I throw my axe over my shoulder to show that I don't mean any harm.

I then pull my hood down, revealing my full face. And as they look into my eyes, taking in my features, their face filled with confusion. Except for Wilbur. Like he had knew something which he did.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" One of them asks sternly, but I stay silent. I wanted to see how long it would take for them to reveal my identity for themselves. They knew who I was, they just don't recognize me, as the years went by.

"He's an intruder." Somebody else said. They all begin yelling things, agreeing to the man. "Well, if so we kill him!" A woman yells, raising up a hoe, which seemed to be their only weapon. How pathetic.

They all begin running towards me, but I didn't move an inch. And not because I was scared, but because I was confident. There's no way they think they could actually take me down so easily. And, yet they still don't know who I am.

"Everybody stop!" Wilbur yells again. He acted as if he was the head of the town, which his father Phil used to be. Phil was the pillar of this place and Wilbur seemed to had taken that role, even if no one had given it to him.

He starts running through the crowd, as fast as he could, stepping in front separating the angry villagers and I. "You don't know who you're fighting!" He yelled to the citizens, raising his hand in the air. He definitely was a leader and his words may pierce through everybody's skin, but my sword could pierce deeper.

"Just because your dad is dead doesn't mean you own this place!" One of them yells, which Wilbur took to heart, but shook it off quite quickly. "You don't understand!" Wilbur yelled. Of course they don't understand. They're a bunch of big nosed people who only cares for emeralds.