Chapter 42 ~ A second fate.

~Dream's POV~

I lay her down gently on the bed, watching her as she breathes in and out slowly. Something I never thought I'd ever see again. I place my palm on her forehead, feeling her warmth for the first time in a month.

But she's burning. Almost as if she's fallen sick as soon as she came back from the dead. I sigh, brushing her hair back, kissing her softly on her temple. "You need to tell Tommy." I hear George comment from behind me.

"I don't think I can." I say, softly, turning around to face him. Sapnap is stood next to him, looking at me with worry across his face. His eyes flick to Y/n and then back to me. "What about DreamXD?" He asks. I shudder at the name.

I didn't think they saw what happened back at the library, but I guess they did. "We know he's after her." He's right. At least I wanna say he is. Just for the sake of keeping her here. "We can tell Tommy. He can protect her." George suggests, but Sapnap immediately objects.

"Are you joking?" Sapnap asks, raising his voice. "Tommy can't fight a God. And if he knew DreamXD came back for Y/n, he'd kill us all." George looks down at the ground in despair like he no longer knows what to do, but nods.

"So, we're not going to tell him?" George asks, as Sapnap and I nod in unison. We all fall into a pit of silence, looking down at the ground, looking over to Y/n, looking anywhere, but one another, not knowing what to say.

But it isn't until Sapnap breaks the silence. "Dream?" He whispers, but the silence in the room is enough for him to be heard. I look over to him, but his head is towards the ground. "We saw what happened at the library." He says, quietly. "He was afraid."

"Who was?" I ask, allowing curiosity to take over me. "DreamXD." George answers for me. What would make them think that? Questions race through my mind, and by the look on George's face, I can tell he's thinking of them as well.

I think some more, questioning things I know I won't have an answer to. Was he the one who bought Y/n back? Was he here when she woke up? Will he come back for revenge? But it isn't until one particular question crosses my mind.

"How did you do it?" I ask, quickly neglecting all the other questions in my head, walking towards the 2 boys. "Do what?" Sapnap asks, backing up like he's afraid of me, so I stop. I stop walking, and I control my breathing before asking again.

"How did you listen to her screams without falling down on your knees in pain like I did?" I try not to grit the words out of me teeth, but I end up doing so, which only scares him more. I feel a hand grip onto my hoodie behind me, pulling me back, and away from Sapnap.

George lets go of my hoodie, and walks in between me and Sapnap, putting some distance between us. "Dream, the only one affected by her screams were you." He sounds almost as if there's no air left in his lungs.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, hoping they're not being serious. "Her screams were agonizing, how did you not hear that?" I ask them again, like they don't understand what I'm talking about, and they probably don't.

"She screamed loud enough to hurt you, but not us." Sapnap says. "We were completely fine." There's no way they're being serious, and there's no absolute way I'm the one who heard that. I ball my fists, clenching my jaw in rage.

"You looked as if it was just more than her screams that pained you." George continues, but it isn't before another question crosses my mind. "You were there." I say. "Why didn't you do anything about it?" Why didn't they help me? Or at least her?