Chapter 27 ~ Frau Schlatt.

<<Y/n's POV 1 week later>>

It's late, and everything's starting to feel real. I trust Dream, but do I trust Dream enough to know that it isn't? To know that none of this is real, and to know that I'm not getting married. "The ball will be held next week." I overhear Schlatt say from the other room.

The white house has become my new home, because apparently it's the law to be sleeping in the same house with my to be lawfully wedded husband. Schlatt will never be my husband, I remind myself. Just go with everything he says, and I'll be fine.

It's been a while since I've seen Dream, and I don't know where my brothers could be. Everything feels so real, yet it feels so different. Maybe I just never felt this real before. The wedding is in less than a month, and I still don't know if Dream has initiated this plan of his.

Surely, things should be different now, right? Surely, Schlatt would no longer have to marry me by now, but things seem to be changing fast. L'manburg is no longer what it seems, for it is now what we call Manburg. And things will continue to change for the next month.

Next week, there will be ball, held for me, also known as, Frau Schlatt. And the week after that is Manburg's festival. I have yet to learn more about that. And as of now, I seem to be the latest news.

Frau Schlatt.

Me, Y/n Soot, is now known, and shall go by Frau Schlatt. I blame my 'lack' of name for that, but it is all quite pressing when you know your the fiance of the president. One shit president, that is.

As for Niki, Tubbo and Fundy, I haven't seen them in awhile too. Schlatt has put all hands on deck, tearing down walls, and burning L'manburg's flag, but I have yet to discover where they've been all that time. Schlatt works quick, is all I have to say.

I hear a few knocks on the door behind me, and I'm immediately taken back to reality. If this even is reality. The door swings open in one swift motion, and I step back, startled. "T- There's someone for you." Quackity says, panting.

"Are you alright?" He shakes his head, disregarding my concern for him. "He said it's urgent." He says, then leaves, before I can say anything else. Who's he? It isn't so often that I receive guests, but when I do, they're usually outside.

I walk through the halls, my heels hitting the ground with each step I take.

Hands by your side, Y/n.

Don't slouch, Y/n.

Chin up, Y/n.

I open the front door to the white house, and I see him. I see the person I didn't know I've been longing for all this week. But the person I want to hit so badly in the face for putting me in this position, and not doing anything about it.

"Where have you been-" He pauses. "Holy shit, you look different." I sigh, and step out the house, shutting the door behind me with a not so gentle slam. "Dress code." I answer, quickly, knowing how he's wondering why I'm wearing such a skimpy dress. "Why are you here, Dream?" I speak as if I haven't been waiting for him, for so long.

"Because you are." He says back, and I look down and shiver. I can't stand to look at his masked face, and I don't know why. I hug myself, protecting myself from the midnight breeze. "Are you cold? Do you want my hoodie?" I shoot my head up, but it's too late.

He takes his hoodie off, and the black turtleneck he always wears underneath it rides up, revealing his abs in the process. "Here." He wraps his hoodie around my shoulders, and I'm tempted to shrug it off, but the scent it'll leave on me after will be something I'll look forward to when I fall asleep tonight.