Chapter 12 ~ Take it and don't thank me.

~Y/n's POV~

Now anxiously waiting, I can't help, but think of what were to happen next. Tommy in the bed, as I sat on the chair watching his chest ever so slowly rise up and down.

Niki decided to cover for me tonight and went on patrol instead. I wonder if she's ever encountered Dream, the same way I did. It's 3am in the morning and Tubbo and I haven't left since.

He's been so worried for Tommy and I get why. It's not like he has anyone else who was as close to him as Tommy. Their best friends and for a matter of fact, their brothers. And he had just recently fell asleep in a chair next to Tommy.

Wilbur would occasionally come by to check on us, though most of the time he would be too busy running errands around the place, while Fundy would be out, making sure we had enough supplies.

The subtle snores of Tubbo, the howling of the wind, the thoughts in my head and the ticking clock in my hand was all to be heard in the room.

And although I don't know how to use a clock, I've kept Dream's pocket watch in my jacket pocket ever since I tried to give it back to him that night. It's nothing special and all I pretty much do is stare at each second that passes by.

I find it mesmerizing and it seems to be the only thing that has kept me occupied ever since Tommy got shot. I wonder if he's ever planned to get it back or just kind of forgot about it.

He also told me he wanted to see me again. And lo and behold, he did. In fact he saw me at my worse, as he cheered himself on, knowing the fact he made me feel that way after shooting my brother.

Although he doesn't know that, I'm sure he can see how important Tommy is to me. Yet he still did it and of course he did. I don't what made me think he wouldn't, but he's vicious. That night was just his way of making me think he wasn't as bad as I thought.

That night was his chance to manipulate me. But he sure did fuck that up after he shot my brother.

<<The next day>>

It's getting close to sunset and Tommy isn't getting any better. Because not only is he uncontrollably bleeding, but he still hasn't woken up and he's only getting weaker by the second.

Tubbo has had multiple panic attacks and Wilbur is starting to slowly lose hope. Although I know there's a very small chance he's making it, I try to brush those thoughts off, just to make sure I don't lose my sanity yet, but it isn't as easy as you think it is when it's all you can think off.

Tommy this, Tommy that. It's all everyone talks about. 'Is Tommy alright?' or 'I don't think he's gonna make it.' it's starting to get to me and I'm afraid of those tears that flow out like there wasn't enough tears crying already.

I felt embarrassed after what big of a scene I made yesterday. And although I may not be as strong as I thought I was, I need to be. I need to stay strong for my brother and if no one in this country has any hope left, then I'll make sure I will.

"Y/n you're on patrol tonight." Wilbur says, as he barges into the medical house where we keep Tommy. I look over to him and blink once. "I- I can't go on patrol." I say and stand up, as I try to explain.

"Why not?" He asks and tilts his head. He's clearly done with the events of today. "I need to watch over Tommy." I say and gesture to his sleeping body on the bed. "What about someone else?" I don't wanna tell him the real reason why I don't wanna go out there.